We will tell you the solution and how to fix “There was a connection error, restart and rerun the client” in Valorant.
When a problem arises after downloading and installing Valorant, it can be very annoying, but in this guide, we will try to provide a solution to: ‘There was a connection error, restart and rerun the client’ in Valorant, a problem that prohibits playing.
Possible causes of ‘There was a connection error, restart and rerun the client’ in Valorant
It is best to check the obvious at first. For example, check if your ping is high, if so there are ways to lower or reduce the high Ping in Valorant. But if this is not your problem, check the following.
Internet connection stability
A constant failure of your Internet connection may cause you to get ‘There was a connection error, please restart and re-run the client’. Your Internet may appear to be functional, but small drops may cause Valorant to malfunction. For this reason, it is necessary to analyze your Internet connection.
One way to test it is to look directly at the Windows icons. If you think the stability is inadequate, observe them while using the connection or even while playing other online titles.
If you find that the connection stability is affected, there is nothing else to do but to call your Internet provider to find a solution. But first, you can try some ways to remove the limited or no connectivity (no Internet access).
This error may appear in case an update of Valorant is released. As you know, Valorant is an online video game and is constantly receiving updates. Usually, when we are playing and the system requires an update, the servers are paused.
Therefore, if you suddenly get a problem while playing, you may need to do an update. If so, simply close the game completely, as well as the Launcher. Restart the Launcher and check if there is an update.
If an update is indeed needed, simply wait until the update is finished and try to run the game again. This is certainly not common, but it doesn’t hurt to check this as one of the possible reasons for the problem.
Solutions for ‘There was a connection error, restart and re-run the client’ in Valorant
There are certainly several causes of the error, but fortunately, we can access several possible solutions. So if you have this problem try the following.
Check if “VGC” service is enabled
The VGC service is essential for the execution of Valorant, if it is disabled the game will not run properly. These services may have been disabled for one reason or another in the Windows service list. If so, you can try the following:
- Press Windows+R to launch “Run”.
- Once the tool appears, type “msconfig” and press OK.
- Certain advanced Windows options will be displayed, this time goes to “Services”.
- The first thing is to activate the option “Hide all Microsoft services”, this way you will be able to find the VGC service more easily. Before proceeding, you mustn’t make any other changes besides the one mentioned below.
- Make sure that the VGC service is activated, after doing this check simply click on OK and try to see if the error disappeared.
Run the game as administrator
Although it is not a solution too much commented, some users have expressed that it can be useful in the case of the problem ‘There was a connection error, restart and run the client again. For this solution, we will make some simple settings in the program’s shortcut.
- As noted above, go to the Valorant shortcut. Simply right-click on it and go to the “Compatibility” section.
- Now look for the “Run this program as an administrator” option and enable it. It is also recommended to use the “Disable full-screen optimizations” option. After that simply click on “OK”.
The setting to run the program as the administrator may help, however, you can just check this by testing it directly in the game.