How to change the background of WhatsApp conversations? Finally, it is possible to customize each WhatsApp chat individually. It took a while, but the messaging app has introduced the possibility to put a WhatsApp background to each chat individually, instead of having to use the same one in all the conversations.
In addition, the company has gone further, giving the option to set a different background depending on whether you are using the light or dark theme in the application, as not all images will combine equally well with the theme you are using at any given time.
- How to uninstall a Chrome extension or plugin?
- How to find hidden Instagram story filters?
- How to take an app out of power saving mode?
How to change the background of WhatsApp conversations?
The process to change the background of a WhatsApp chat is simple. Now, it is no longer necessary to go to the application settings to put a single background to all chats, although this option is still available. Instead, it will be possible to choose a different background for each conversation. Just follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the conversation in which you want to customize the background.
- Touch the three-point menu icon at the top right.
- Tap the “Wallpaper” option.
- You will see a screen to customize the wallpaper. You can choose the brightness level of the image, or change it to another image by tapping on the “Change” button.
- When you tap the change option, you will see a screen with different categories of wallpaper.
- You can also choose a photo from your gallery, or remove the background.
That is all. When you have selected and customized an image, it will be set as the background only in the chat you have chosen.
If you want to choose a different background for each chat, just repeat the same procedure in each of the WhatsApp conversations you want to customize.
How to choose different backgrounds for each theme of the application?
As we mentioned at the beginning, WhatsApp also gives the option to choose a different chat background depending on the theme of the application being used: light or dark.
To change the wallpaper for each of the themes, these are the steps you must follow
- First, choose the theme for which you want to change the background. You can activate or deactivate the dark WhatsApp theme from the application settings, in the “Chats” section.
- In the same section, tap on “Wallpaper”.
- Depending on the theme you have chosen, you will see “Wallpaper (dark theme)” or “Wallpaper (light theme)” at the top.
- Tap on “change” and select the background you want to use.
- Then, change the theme of the application and select another wallpaper.
Thus, each of the themes will have its own corresponding wallpaper. This way, you’ve learned how to change the background of WhatsApp conversations.