If you want to improve customer experience with identity and access management, we are going to show you how to do it. The growth of online sales in 2020 has forced companies to improve the customer experience and increase the safety and security of their consumers.
Two issues that before the pandemic very few businesses took into account and that, now, have become fundamental for the commercial strategies of businesses since they are the ones that have the greatest impact on their results.
According to a recent study, only 49% of North American consumers considered that companies offered the best possible experience and, worldwide, 43% of consumers said they would pay more for a more pleasant experience and 42% for a more accessible and comfortable experience.
How to improve customer experience with identity and access management?
All this shows that customers are becoming more demanding and that they also value their time and the use of their data more and more. This is a reality in which CIAM (Customer Identity and Access Management) technology is presented, it is the best solution for companies to protect their customers and improve their customer experience thanks to the following features:
- Secure logins for customers. CIAM systems are able to provide secure logins, minimizing the risk of data leakage. This access management system works by collecting references that come from a variety of sources such as social media accounts, email addresses, phone numbers, or mobile apps.
- Greater consumer control over their data. CIAM systems allow consumers to easily log in, see what data the company has collected about them, and control their own experience within the organization by being able to manage it. In this way, customers feel more connected to the brand. In addition, the system saves internal teams additional manual effort and reduces the risk of security breaches.
- Identity and access management within the company (IAM). This ensures that those accessing customer data are authorized members of the company.
- Tracking the use of customer data. The CIAM system is used when customers create an account, make changes to their account, track the use of their data on the website, or when they request to be removed from the company’s list. In this way, companies can track when, how, why and for what purpose customer data (credit card numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, and passwords) is collected, improving the quality of access to information and optimizing its relevance by developing and maintaining records of when each piece of information is collected and where it came from.
- Unified customer profile. CIAM creates a unified user profile to improve the customer experience. Marketing, sales, and customer experience departments can quickly identify, understand and help customers access the information they need based on their past interactions. The ability to aggregate data also makes it possible to identify new customers and personalize their experience by benchmarking against similar profiles.
CIAM systems enable businesses to treat customers as partners and look out for their best interests. The ability to provide easy access to this information in a place that shows where and how it is collected and also integrates sensitive data in secure systems allows building a strong relationship based on trust between the brand and the customer.