Samsung has extended the period of security updates to 4 years on its devices introduced in 2019.
More than 40 Samsung mobiles and tablets will have security updates for 4 years
Samsung has updated its update policy and has that more than 40 of the company’s mobiles and tablets will receive 4 years of security updates, which provides greater protection to its users, who can enjoy the security patches that Android periodically updates for a longer period.
This means greater protection against malware, making their phones more secure. The security updates will reach more than 40 Samsung mobiles and tablets that were introduced in 2019. And the 4 years that these last start to count from the year of presentation.
The list of devices that will receive these updates ranges from high-end models to low-end models. And, as published by Samsung, these are the following:
- Samsung Galaxy foldable: Fold, Z Fold 2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy Note: Note 10, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G, Note 20 5G and Note 20 Ultra 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy A: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy XCover: XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+.
All these Samsung mobiles and tablets will receive their 4 years of security updates, which should not be confused with Android version updates. That is, a cell phone receiving a security patch does not imply that it will receive a new version of Android with the improvements and new features that Google announces every year.
With this update, the multinational takes another step forward in its commitment to offer a more secure mobile experience. “At Samsung, our number one priority is to offer the safest mobile experience to our users, so we constantly optimize the security of our products and services,” said the manufacturer.