Leaving WhatsApp to start using Telegram is a complicated decision, but knowing who uses Telegram makes the decision easier, so we decided to tell you how to know which WhatsApp contacts have Telegram.
However, Telegram is growing in importance and more and more users are taking the plunge. Channels, bots, and extensive security measures are just some of the features that play in its favor when compared to WhatsApp.
In case you are considering switching to Telegram, it will be easier to decide if you know which WhatsApp contacts are already there. Knowing this information is very simple, we explain how to do it.
How to know which WhatsApp contacts have Telegram?
There are many features that Telegram has that you will not find in WhatsApp. To switch from one service to another, these tools alone are not enough, but you need something else: contacts. It is true that WhatsApp still has a larger user community than Telegram, but it is also true that it is gradually increasing its numbers.
Taking the step of switching from WhatsApp to Telegram is easier if you know that there are many contacts saved on your mobile that are already waiting for you there. There is a process that allows you to know this information, that is, to discover which WhatsApp contacts are already using the other platform to communicate.
The first thing you need to do is download Telegram on your phone, something you can do for free from Google’s Play Store. Once this step is completed, it’s time to register with the service and check which contacts you will be able to chat with. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Telegram for the first time and enter the phone number you are registering with.
- Enter the verification code that Telegram has sent you by SMS to confirm that the number belongs to you.
- Add your name and a profile picture.
- Accept Telegram’s terms of service.
- Once on the main screen of the app, swipe the left side menu and click on the “Contacts” section.
- Telegram will ask you if you allow it to access your contacts so that you can chat with them. Click “Continue”.
- Confirm again that you allow Telegram to access the contacts stored on the terminal.
- Ready, the contacts menu will be updated with all the users in your address book who are already in Telegram.
It is important to note that the fact that one of your contacts is registered in Telegram does not mean that he/she uses it regularly. The app itself tells you the last connection time of those contacts who have this information enabled. If not, it will show you if they have connected recently or some time ago.
If the most important contacts of your WhatsApp are already in Telegram and you decide to continue using the latter, we recommend importing WhatsApp chats to follow the conversations on the new platform. And a little more, take advantage of the best Telegram tricks to get the most out of it and chat in style.