We explain how to complete The Pickup chapter in Cyberpunk 2077 in this article.
How to complete The Pickup chapter in Cyberpunk 2077?
This mission is characterized by the fact that it is the first in the main history in which our decisions have a fundamental weight. Many variables influence the different paths through which the plot can fork, and we will do our best to make all the options clear in this section. As part of this complete guide, we detail everything that can happen in this job.
The first decision we have to make is whether we want to meet with Meredith Stout before going to the All Foods warehouse (she’ll unlock more finals for the mission but it’s not mandatory). Both locations can be reached easily by following the marker on the map both on foot and by car.
- How to get money quickly in Cyberpunk 2077?
- How to create a character in Cyberpunk 2077 with the best attributes, skills, and builds?
- Cyberpunk 2077: Where to Find Hideo Kojima in Act 1?
If we meet with Stout and we don’t accept the credit chip, the following developments can take place:
- You get the non-violent end if you buy the Flathead with your own money, which will make Gilchrist beat Stout.
- If you don’t accept the credit chip but shoot Royce during the conversation, you will get the violent ending against Maelstorm, which will make Scouting victorious.
If during the meeting with Stout you accept the credit chip, the violent end against Militech will take place in which Gilchrist will be imposed on Stout and will be promoted if:
- You buy the Flathead with the infected credit chip but warn Royce of its condition.
- You buy the Flathead with the credit chip if we previously hacked it from the inventory menu.
- You buy the Flathead with your money.
However, if you accept the credit chip, Stout will be victorious, and a fight against Maelstorm will take place if the following circumstances occur:
- If you buy the Flathead with the infected credit chip
- You shoot Royce during the conversation.
On the contrary, whether you decide not to meet with Stout and go directly to the warehouse or whether you do not want to make an agreement with Maelstrom and resort to brute force, what will happen unless you buy the Flathead with your own money will be the violent outcome against Maelstrom, although unlike the previous endings, Militech’s forces will not appear. However, whether you pay up or decide to face them, Gilchrist will prevail over Stout.
- How to get and unlock the secret endings of Cyberpunk 2077?
- Romance in Cyberpunk 2077: All the relationships and how to get one
- Cyberpunk 2077: How to complete The Rescue, The Killer, and The Walk Chapters?
- Cyberpunk 2077 reaches version 1.06 to fix three specific problems
One detail to keep in mind is that the convoy’s manifests are in the computers in a small room west of the warehouse, just outside the maintenance chute. If you find the messages and have previously met with Stout, you will receive another reward when you leave the building.
Development of the conflict
If based on the decisions we have detailed above, you end up triggering a conflict with Maelstorm, you will have to escape from the place by fighting a large number of enemies, either directly or by resorting to stealth. The route can’t be lost if you follow the indicators that appear on the screen, but make sure you take all the ammunition and cures possible given the final battle. If, on the other hand, it’s Militech’s troops that attack the warehouse, a massive battle will also take place, but the Maelstorm will fight by our side making the task much easier.
If the conflict that is generated is the first one we mention, the final boss will be Royce, a hard nut to crack. If, on the contrary, we provoke the second scenario, the final enemies will be two Minotaurs. We will go into more detail later on about how to defeat them more effectively.
Save Brick or let him die: Maelstrom’s power struggle
The former head of Maelstorm is held in a cell in the southwest corner of the building. We can decide whether to save him by hacking the lock or opening it with the code we will find in the computers in the adjacent room (9691), kill him yourself or simply leave him locked up. This will affect the secondary work <<Second Conflict>>, resulting in two different outcomes:
- If Dum Dum and Royce are still alive when we do this job, we will find them again during the job. To do this we must avoid generating a conflict against Maelstrom).
- If, on the contrary, the previous characters died, we will find either Brick if we save him or Patricia if we let him die. In any case, if we help Brick he will be grateful to us and will unlock the option of finishing this job peacefully.
Stout or Gilchrist: Militech’s power struggle
Regardless of the path, we have taken, the outcome of this mission will influence an internal power struggle between two corporations, Stout and Gilchrist. When we leave we will either see the winner of the struggle (if we meet Stout in time) or none at all, although the conflict will be taking place anyway. The consequences according to who prevails are the following:
- If Stout wins she will be promoted, you will hear about her on TV and we will have the option of living a fleeting romance with her if we tell her that we would like to go back to work for her in room 6 of the No-Tell motel. Her counterpart will be killed and abandoned in the sewer we already know.
- If Scout loses, Gilchrist will be promoted and go on television. Stout will be killed in a very explicit and unpleasant way.
The final boss
Whether Militech raids the warehouse or we trigger a conflict with Maelstrom, we will have to face one final boss. If the first case occurs, the battle will be against two Minotaurs and we will have the help of Royce and Dum Dum, so it will be an easy task. We’ll just have to take cover and fire technological weapons or inflict electrical damage. If, on the other hand, you find yourself against Royce in the last room, the battle will be much more complicated. Here are a few tips to help you get through the game.
- Destroying Royce’s shield is essential to prevent him from absorbing bullets without being damaged. To do this we will have to aim at the battery at the back of the exoskeleton, throw grenades at it or simply hack it. Keep in mind that electrical damage is very effective against this enemy, but the chemical will not affect it.
- Quick Hacks: About Joyce, we can do three different types of hacks to facilitate the battle: Overheat, Weapon Failure, and Short Circuit.
- The technological weapons shoot through the enemy’s armor.
- If you invest points in the Blade Runner advantage (engineering skill), you will inflict more damage to enemies who, like Royce, are mechanics.
- Take advantage when reloading your weapon to attack him, as he will be defenseless for a few seconds.
- Avoid getting close to him, since he will make a blow that will send you through the air and will take away a great part of your life.
- Using stealth tactics is a good option since we have many places to hide. Even if we are careful, we can avoid the battle entirely by simply leaving the room.