These are the top 5 formations and tactics in FIFA 21 for winning matches FUT. Find out which are the best formations and effective tactics with their strengths that you can use in your team to win all the Ultimate Team matches in FIFA 21.
Few things are more important in soccer than choosing a good formation for your team. If you want to win every match you play in the Ultimate Team of FIFA 21 this year you are going to need to create great strategies on the field. From Vandal, as part of our complete guide, we have prepared below an article with the 5 best formations and effective tactics for you to put into practice.
FIFA 21: Top 5 formations and tactics for winning matches in FUT
In FIFA 21, there are a total of 30 formations, each one offering different parameters and advantages over the attack and defense. However, we are going to recommend and detail the following 5 formations because we believe that they are among the most notable, the most used by the community, and the ones that will make you win more games.
- FIFA 21: Top 10 fastest players – Averages and ratings
- FIFA 21: The 10 strongest players – Averages and ratings
- FIFA 21: Top 10 Dribblers – Averages and Ratings
- FIFA 21: The 10 best Passers – Averages and ratings
- FIFA 21: Top 10 Best Free-kick Players – Averages and Ratings
If you’ve already signed cheap players in the trade, or even if you’ve got a great player in the envelopes, applying these formations wisely can give you a lot of joy.
- Strong points: Classic and widely used training, well-balanced structure, and the safest option if you don’t know which to choose. It offers a solid attack through the middle and the bands.
- Weaknesses: It can be something predictable for more advanced players.
- Key player: ST.
The 4-4-2 formation is one of the most used in FIFA and not for nothing; It offers a great balance and security for any player who is starting. It also goes without saying that it will not be used to test new players in the squad. It is ideal in many aspects since its balance will let you move very comfortably creating all kinds of plays. It is important to rely heavily on the two center forwards and not leave them isolated, especially if you have centers focused on defense. You must create a joint play in midfield, with long possessions and mid-range passes that will create a good speed of play.
- Strong points: A good attack formation, with great amplitude and good crossing of passes.
- Weak points: Defensively it is somewhat weak and susceptible to counterattacks.
- Key players: CM, RW, and LW.
This formation is intended for possession and a wide area attacking approach. It is a fairly offensive formation and very balanced throughout the field. The lateral ends are ideal to enter to plays of crossed passes, strongly supported by the midfield. It is a great formation to create triangles and to give easy, fast, and effective passes. The centers can also be divided to attack or defend as needed. In defense, although you will need fast defenders. You will have a good barrier formed by three players.
- Strong points: Recommended for those who want a very offensive tactic. Forward players maintain a great balance and closeness to create safe passes between them. It offers fast attacks by the bands.
- Weaknesses: Leaves a large gap between midfield and defense, can be too offensive for most players.
- Key player: CM.
This variation of the classic 4-3-3 offers a much more dynamic and frenetic game on the wings, with the flanks creating many quick plays. The wide areas are a crucial part of the success in this formation. The 6 offensive players manage the rhythm, and attacks can be created even though the center, supporting the center forward. We must be careful with the possible invasion of the opponent, as our defense is more exposed (hence the recommendation to have midfielders with great resistance) but in the end, this is nothing that cannot be solved with good players for these positions.
- Strong points: Offers many players to both defend and attack, offers long possessions and freedom to the midfield.
- Weaknesses: It requires some time to adapt to your style.
- Key player: ST.
This formation is quite similar to the classic 4-4-2, with the same links. It is a tactic that will give you the option of long passes and intense possession in the offensive sections. It is possible to move the ball around the center, but it has to be played quickly by distributing the ball upwards or sideways. Both strikers will give you plenty of attacking moves and goal opportunities if you know how to use them. Remember that this formation is more suited to moving the ball around on the ground.
- Strong points: A formation with strength and space for the sides, highly recommended for those who like to play counter-attacks.
- Weaknesses: Depends a lot on the CAM player (must be good).
- Key player: CAM.
This game configuration is a much more defensive one than the rest of the list. Also, it is one of the less used formations in FIFA. But that will give you an advantage over your opponents since they won’t know how to act against you if they are not very expert. It is necessary to emphasize that the lateral defenders must support the game by the wings and join with the means and forwards, look for good lanes, and you will have all a guarantee in this sense. Finally, don’t forget that much of your game will move in midfield, so it is important to have a good CAM player who leads the others.