How to use Telegram as a cloud service for free? Telegram is one of the most used instant messaging platforms. It was launched in 2013 and since then it has been a tough competitor against Whatsapp. The features of this platform are improving every day.
- How to prevent strangers from texting you on Telegram?
- How to disable new user notifications on Telegram?
- How to use Advanced Search feature in Telegram?
Especially when it comes to security Telegram is one step ahead. It uses the MTProto protocol, server-client encryption, and client-client encryption. Plus it has secret chats adding an extra layer of security that many benefit from. You can also use Telegram as a cloud service for free, we are going to tell you how.
How to use Telegram as a cloud service for free?
You should create a channel first. Telegram opens up an endless number of possibilities, mainly through the creation of private channels. To create a private channel and use it as a personal cloud in Telegram, these are the steps to follow:
From Android and iOS
- Enter the Telegram app.
- Click on the pencil icon at the bottom right.
- You will see several icons, each accompanied by a name. Click on “New Channel” identified with a megaphone.
- Enter an alternative name such as “Personal Cloud”, add a photo and a brief description if you wish. These steps are optional.
- Save the change and select whether it will be a public or private channel. Select “Private channel” if you want to create a channel to upload whatever you want and use it as a kind of cloud in Telegram.
- Enter the desktop version of Telegram.
- Click on the three horizontal stripes at the top left.
- Locate “New Channel” and click on it.
- Select the name of the channel, a picture identifying it and a description, and click “Create.
- Select “Private channel” and that’s it. You will have a backup cloud on your PC.
How to upload photos, videos, and other files to the channel?
- Open your personal private cloud channel on Telegram.
- Click on the clip icon at the bottom right.
- Several options will be displayed. A person icon to share a contact, a document icon to access the file where you can send uncompressed media, send audio, music files, downloads, and more. You can also share or save locations and send photos from your gallery.
This way you’ve learned how to use Telegram as a cloud service for free.