How to clear Telegram cache to free up storage? Telegram is getting popular every day. When we make intensive use of applications, the cache memory increases and subtracts space available on our mobile phone.
The data that is cached are documents, images, and other files that are stored temporarily. These files are not essential for the application to continue working. Rather, they provide fluidity by avoiding unnecessary downloads.
- Best Telegram stickers: discover them all
- How to hide your phone number in Telegram?
- How to verify a Telegram account with two-step verification?
Unlike WhatsApp, one of the advantages of Telegram is that it provides a cloud-based service. This means that if we clear the cache and delete temporary files, we can easily recover them at any time and on any device. This way, we can free up space without fear of losing any important data.
How to clear Telegram cache to free up storage?
Clearing the Telegram cache is a very simple process. In fact, we don’t need any external tool, since the application itself has an option to do so. You can follow these steps:
- Open Telegram and go to the settings section in the side menu.
- Open Data and Storage. In this section, you will find some interesting statistics related to Telegram’s use of storage and data. You can also change certain settings to customize the app.
- Now access Storage Usage and then click on Clear Telegram Cache. Then, the application will show you a detailed summary of the data in the cache. Press Clear Cache to confirm.
By following this simple process you will be able to delete unnecessary data that accumulates as we use Telegram. Remember that you can recover those files if you ever need them again on any device that has the Telegram app. In this article you learned how to clear Telegram cache to free up storage.