How to add a location on Instagram photos or stories? Instagram is one of the most popular social networks at the moment, with millions of users around the world who share their photos and videos daily through the platform.
- How to delete multiple Instagram comments at once?
- How to use QR codes on Instagram?
- How to see Instagram stories anonymously?
One of the tools of Instagram allows you to share a lot of information with your followers, even the location where you have taken those beautiful photographs that you upload to your feed or your Stories. If you still don’t know how to add a location to your Instagram posts, pay attention, because we explain how to do it step by step.
How to add a location to your Instagram Stories
Instagram has a custom option to add location information to your Stories. You are able to choose between three different designs. Follow these steps:
- Open Instagram and slide from left to right to open the Stories camera.
- Take a photograph or video or choose one from the gallery.
- Once you have the photo or video on the screen, click on the sticker icon that appears at the top of the screen, between the download button and the draw button.
- In the options menu that appears, select the Location label.
- If you have GPS activated on your mobile, Instagram will recognize the closest locations. If that is not the one you want to add to the Stories, find a location by typing it in the text field. When it appears in the list below, click on it.
- Instagram adds the location with the first design of those available, you just have to tap on the label to change its appearance.
- When you are satisfied with the location and appearance of the label, publish the story and all your followers will be able to see where you are or where you took that beautiful photograph.
How to add a location to your Instagram photos
You can also add the location to your photos and videos that you share directly in your feed. Follow these steps:
- Open Instagram and click on the + button, in the middle of the bottom bar of the screen.
- Select the photo or video you want to upload from the gallery and click Next, in the upper right corner.
- This way you will access the next screen, in which you must edit the appearance of the image. When you’re done, click Next in the upper right corner.
- Click on Add location, that option appears under Tag people section.
- As in Stories, if you have the GPS enabled, Instagram will recognize the locations closest to you. If these are not the locations you want to add, you can search for a new one by typing in the text field.
- When you are finished editing the photo and adding other information, click on Share, this way image will be posted on your feed and all your followers can know its location.
In this article, you learned how to add a location on Instagram photos or stories.