How to use QR codes on Instagram? Facebook‘s popular social media app Instagram comes with a new feature, now you will be able to follow people with a help of a QR code.
How to use QR codes on Instagram?
Whatsapp had this feature for some time and Instagram has been testing this feature since 2018. Now it’s possible to both follow and get followed by using a QR code.
- How to send Instagram direct messages from PC?
- How to use Watch Together function in Plex?
- How to download live videos from Instagram?
One of the great advantages of this system is that the codes can be scanned with any app to read QR codes, and not only with the tool integrated into Instagram.
How to share your Instagram QR code with other people?
The process is really simple. To share your Instagram QR, you just have to make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Instagram on your mobile, then follow the steps.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap the menu button in the upper right corner to access the options, and tap on “QR Code”.
- You can modify the style of the code, through the button at the top.
- If you want to share it, tap on the “share” button in the upper right corner.
How to read other people’s QR codes
If you want to access other people’s profiles through their QR codes, the process is similar. You just have to access the QR code screen of the Instagram app again, and tap on the “Scan QR code” text at the bottom.
Now, you just have to point the mobile camera at an Instagram QR code and wait for a pop-up window with the profile of the user in question to appear. This way you will be able to reach and follow a profile as you do it normally.
Remember that if you don’t have the Instagram app, you can use any other QR code reader to scan other people’s codes. Some mobiles even have a scanner built into their camera apps, so you don’t need to use third-party apps.
In this article, you learned how to use QR codes on Instagram.