How to add long videos to Stories on Instagram? In contrary to popular belief, it is possible to add long videos to Instagram Stories. Yes, Instagram allows a maximum of 15 seconds of video to be added to a story. However, it also allows videos longer than 15 seconds to be shared consecutively in chunks.
In this article, we put together all the steps you need to take to add long videos to Instagram Stories. If you have a long video, you can add it to your Instagram story using the methods below. Here’s what you need to do to add long videos to Instagram Stories.
When you upload a video longer than 15 seconds into your Instagram story, the system will automatically cut and split that video for you. These pieces are glazed one after another as 15-second videos. For example, a 60-second video is divided into four parts and added to your Instagram profile as 4 stories.
Unfortunately this feature only supports 1 minute videos at most. This means that Instagram will only cover videos shorter than 60 seconds into 15 seconds for you. If the video you want to upload is longer than 60 seconds, you need to make this video shorter with the following methods.
How to add long videos to Stories to Instagram by trimming videos?
You can use this method if the above method doesn’t work for you or if you want to perform this process manually. To do this, simply use the video cropping feature that comes with your phone. This feature is one of the most basic video editing tools. And almost every brand and model is available on the phone.
If you are using a device with iOS operating system, you can easily cut videos manually. For this, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
- First, open the photos app.
- Select the video you want to crop and tap Edit option in the top right corner
- Then use the cursors on the left and right sides to crop the video as you wish.
- Save the video by tapping the Bitte text.
- You can follow the steps below to cut a video on your Android phone.
- First, open your phone’s Gallery app.
- Select the video you want to trim and tap Edit Video from the options section.
- Tap the scissors icon at the bottom of the screen to cut the video as you wish.
- Tap on the check icon after completing the process.
Trimming videos with third-party apps
As mentioned above, for adding long videos to Instagram and Stories, it is necessary to crop the videos to a maximum of 15 seconds. If your videos are longer than 60 seconds and the video editing tool on your phone does not allow you to do the relevant process properly and practically, you can enter a third-party application path.
- How to add song lyrics to your Instagram Stories?
- How to upload a video to Instagram TV?
- How to create an Instagram business account?
CutStory is a highly professional video editing application developed for iPhone devices. With this application,you can create high quality videos for your Instagram stories. To trim video with CutStory, just follow the steps below.
- First, download the CutStory app from the App Store.
- Then open the CutStory app and tap the video you want to trim.
- Tap the download button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Instagram Stories.
- Wait for the videos to be trimmed and processed.
- The app will adapt the relevant video to Instagam Story and send it as 15-second videos to the Photos app.
You can now open the Instagram app and select the cropped videos in the Photos app to add to Stories.
Split Video: Long Story Maker (iOS)
One of the applications you can use to add long videos to Instagram Stories on iPhone is the Split Video application. You can follow the steps below to trim videos with this application.
- First, download the Split Video app to your phone from the Apple App Store .
- Then open the app and select the video you want to cut.
- Tap Split and Save Clips and wait for the video to be processed.
- The cropped videos will be saved in your phone’s Photos app.
You can now start the Instagram app and add related video clips to your story.
- How to make Instagram live broadcast effects?
- How to change e-mail address on Instagram?
- How to change the font on Instagram?
Story Cutter (Android)
Story Cutter is a pretty cool Instagram video editing app for Android. With this application, you can split your videos into 10, 15, 30, 45 or 1 minute clips. To use the application and take advantage of its features, follow the steps below.
- First, go to Google Play Store and download the Stroy Cutter app to your phone.
- Then launch the app and select the video you want to trim.
- Choose how many seconds the video will be split into clips and start the process.
- After the videos are processed, they will be automatically posted to your phone’s Gallery.
You can now open the Instagram app and share videos from your gallery as stories. The process of adding long videos to Instagram Stories is that simple. Now you can share your long videos with Instagram stories this way.