How to turn off Google Assistant? Google Assistant is one of the coolest features that tech giant Google offers. However, this feature can sometimes cause some confusion. In this case, it may be necessary to turn off or change Assistant settings.
How to turn off Google Assistant?
If you want to disable Google Assistant on the phone you are using, you can do this quite easily. For this, simply follow the steps below.
- Enter the Google app on your phone.
- Then tap the More option in the lower right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu that opens. And tap on Google Assistant in the next menu.
- You can see the devices on which the Assistant application is active at the bottom.
- Access options by pressing your phone or other device on which you are using the Assistant app.
- Then tap the little blue button and close it.
How to change Google Assistant settings?
As mentioned above, you can access the Google Assistant settings by following the Google > More > Settings > Google Assistant path and customize these settings as you wish. However, if you want to change the assistant’s trigger settings, that is, to prevent it from automatically activating in certain situations, just follow the steps below.
- Go to your phone’s Settings app and access the Apps section.
- To view more options, tap the three dots at the top right and then the text Default Applications.
- Then press the device assistant. There are many settings you can change here. These options may vary depending on your device.
- You can prevent the assistant from running automatically by disabling the voice matching feature in this section. You can also make this feature work only while driving.
- How to change the font on Instagram?
- How to download an Instagram Reels video?
- How to create filters for Instagram and Facebook?
Turning Assistant off temporarily
You can temporarily turn off this feature any smart device and make a specific time adjustment. For this, it will be enough to follow the steps below.
- Enter the Google Home app.
- Tap the home screen and select a device found there.
- Then tap the Settings icon.
- You can create a new schedule by tapping the Digital Happiness option here.
- After setting the days and the start and end times, you can schedule it by tapping Done.