We explain how to schedule messages on Telegram and how to use them as reminders.
Telegram is a great messaging and communication tool. It also has excellent native applications for all operating systems. While WhatsApp is more conservative when it comes to adding new features, Telegram offers a constant stream of news to users.
One of its star functions, and that we cannot find on WhatsApp, is the possibility of scheduling messages from the official Telegram application. In this guide we show you how to do it.
- Now you can create a quiz in Telegram
- Telegram debuts profile videos, increases file size to 2GB and more
- How to activate Telegram developer options and what can you do with it?
How to schedule messages on Telegram?
To create a scheduled message on Telegram, do the following:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Find the conversation in which you want to send a scheduled message.
- In the Message text field write the text you want to send. Then press and hold the shipping icon, represented by a paper plane.
- Tap Schedule message. Then select the day and time the message is due. Confirm the shipment by clicking on Send at [date and time].
- Once this is done, the message will be sent at the indicated time.
How to create reminders on Telegram by scheduling messages?
Telegram also allows us to schedule messages addressed to ourselves. This is very useful if we want to use the messaging application to create reminders. You can do it like this:
- Open the Saved Messages conversation.
- Type the reminder in the Message field.
- Long press on the send icon and choose the Set reminder option. In the same way that you did with the scheduled message, choose the date and time at which you want Telegram to notify you.
- You will receive the reminder as if it were an ordinary message.