DBD Lights Out game mode is here and fans are going crazy about it!
Lights Out is a fun and challenging game mode that adds a new layer of strategy and suspense to Dead by Daylight. If you’re looking for a new way to play the game, we highly recommend giving it a try. Just be prepared to have your heart pounding!
But how do you play the DBD Lights Out game mode and what are the best tips and tricks for it? Let us explain.
How to play DBD Lights Out game mode
DBD Lights Out game mode can be played with any of the game’s killers and survivors. However, some killers and survivors are better suited to the darkness than others. For example, Trapper can use his traps to great effect in the darkness, while Wraith can become almost invisible. Survivors with flashlights or perks that help them see in the dark, such as Claudette Morel’s Self-Care, will also have an advantage.
To play DBD Lights Out game mode, simply select the game mode from the main menu. You can then choose to play as either a survivor or a killer. Once you’ve chosen your side, you’ll be taken to a map that is completely dark.
Tips for DBD Lights Out game mode
Here are some tips for survivors in the DBD Lights Out game mode:
- Stick together: It’s important to stick together with your fellow survivors in Lights Out. This will help you to avoid being ambushed by the killer and will also make it easier to complete objectives
- Use your ears: Your ears will be your best friend in Lights Out. Listen for the killer’s heartbeat, footsteps, and the sound of their weapon being revved up. These sounds will help you to track the killer’s location and avoid being caught
- Use flashlights: If you have a flashlight, use it to your advantage. You can shine it on the killer to blind them or use it to see your way around the map
- Be careful of crows: Crows will make noise if they see you in the darkness. This can alert the killer to your location, so be careful not to walk under them
And if you are a killer:
- Use your power to your advantage: Some killers’ powers are more effective in the darkness than others. For example, Wraith can become almost invisible, while Nurse can teleport through walls. Use your power to your advantage to stalk and surprise survivors
- Listen for survivors: Just like survivors, you should use your ears to track the location of survivors. Listen for their footsteps, voices, and the sound of them healing or repairing generators
- Use the environment: The environment can be your friend in Lights Out. You can use objects such as rocks and trees to block survivors’ paths or to hide yourself from their view
- Be patient: It can be tempting to charge after survivors as soon as you hear them, but it’s important to be patient. Wait for the right opportunity to strike, and you’ll be more likely to get a kill
Is DBD free on PC?
No, Dead by Daylight (DbD) is not free on PC. While it currently does not have a base free-to-play model, there have been instances where it was temporarily free on the Epic Games Store.
Here’s a breakdown of current availability:
- Both the base game and numerous additional content packs require purchase on Steam and other PC storefronts
- Prices vary depending on the edition and included content, ranging from around $20-$30 for the base game to considerably more for bundles and special editions
Featured image credit: Dead by Daylight/Steam.