League of Legends has launched LoL Season 14, one of its most significant pre-seasons to date, with new support items and sweeping changes that will completely transform gameplay in 2024 and beyond.
At the center of LoL Season 14’s changes are a plethora of new support items and an innovative support item system. Let’s take a closer look at the details of these exciting changes and how they will reshape the support role for players.
LoL Season 14: New support items take center stage
In the past, support players often found themselves confined to certain item categories, limiting their play options. However, LoL Season 14 marks a departure from the norm as Riot Games overhauls the support item system, putting more resources in the hands of support players and bringing more variety to their builds.
All support item changes
Supports no longer have to put themselves into predetermined playstyles at the start of the match. Quest items such as Relic Shield, Steel Shoulderguards, Spellthief’s Edge, and Frostfang have been removed. Instead, all supports will begin their journey with World Atlas, a universal support opening quest item for the new season.
Unveiling the World Atlas
Priced at 400 gold, the World Atlas offers 30 health, 25% mana, and health regeneration, three gold every 10 seconds, and a unique recharge system. Charges accumulate every 18 seconds (up to three saved charges) and can be used to gain gold when damaging enemy champions or structures. They can also be spent on any minion type to earn gold for the support player.
Runic compass and reward of worlds
When you accumulate 500 gold with the World Atlas, it transforms into the Runic Compass. This upgraded version provides 100 health, 50% mana, health regeneration, and five gold every 10 seconds. After reaching 1,000 gold, the Runic Compass transforms into the Bounty of Worlds, an intermediate stage before choosing the final upgraded support item.
Five upgrades, countless possibilities
All upgraded support item forms offer the same basic stats of 200 health, 75% mana and health regeneration, and five gold in 10 seconds. The diversity lies in their unique passives that cater to different playstyles.
- Celestial Opposition form: Blessing of the Mountain reduces incoming champion damage and emits a shockwave when broken, slowing nearby enemies.
- Solstice Sled form: Slow or immobilize spells grant bonus health and movement speed to you and your lowest health nearby ally.
- Bloodsong form: Ideal for AD-focused damage-dealing supports, boosting attacks with bonus AD damage, and activating Reveal Weakness against enemy champions.
- Dreamer form: Suitable for Mages, providing defensive and offensive effects to Dream Bubbles to heal and shield allies.
- Zaz’Zak’s Realmspike form: Contains a devastating AP passive called Void Blast, dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies after dealing ability damage to the enemy champion.
Embrace the diversity of these new support items in Season 14 and explore the myriad of strategic possibilities they bring to the League of Legends experience.
Featured image credit: League of Legends