Are you one of those users who are facing the annoying “Twitter slow to load” issue. Well, you are not the only one.
The tweets timeline is an essential part of Twitter because it shows users the latest tweets from their friends and news updates from around the world. If you are experiencing slow loading times when refreshing your tweets timeline, it may be due to network issues or possibly a problem with a third-party program or your device’s configuration. It is important to have a stable network connection when using Twitter, but other factors can also contribute to slow loading times on the tweets timeline.
Twitter slow to load: How to fix it?
Don’t worry! We are here to assist you in fixing slow loading times on your tweets timeline. This guide will provide you with some helpful tips for resolving the issue on your device. Follow these steps:
- Check Twitter server status
- Disable VPN
- Check for pending updates
- Clear your media and web storage
- Clear browsing cache and cookies
- Disable browser extensions
- Reinstall Twitter app
- Reset your internet
Check Twitter server status
If you are experiencing issues with Twitter, the first step is to check if their servers are experiencing problems or undergoing maintenance. You can use a tool like Downdetector to check the current status and performance of Twitter’s servers. If the “Twitter slow to load” issue is related to the servers, there is not much you can do except to wait for the problem to be resolved. Keep checking back to see if the issue has been fixed.
Using a VPN on your device may cause more problems than it solves, especially if you are experiencing slow loading times on your tweets timeline. VPNs can change your IP address and protect your data and network, but they can also interfere with how your network functions. If you are experiencing issues with your tweets timeline, you may want to try turning off your VPN to see if it resolves the problem.
Check for pending updates
Developers release updates to optimize their applications and ensure that they perform well. If you notice a significant change in Twitter’s performance, it is worth checking for updates. The version of Twitter that you are using may not be optimized for your device.
To check for updates on Twitter for Android:
- Open the Play Store from your home screen and tap the Menu button on the search bar.
- In the side drawer, tap on My Apps & Games to start checking for updates.
- Tap the Update button next to Twitter to install the latest version.
To check for updates on Twitter for iOS:
- Open the App Store from your home screen.
- Tap on the Updates tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Update button if there is an available update for Twitter.
After updating the app, see if the “Twitter slow to load” issue has been resolved.
Clear your media and web storage
On iOS, Twitter allows users to manage their application files more closely. Cached files, such as web and media files, can help Twitter run faster on your device. However, if these files build up over time, they can take longer to load, which can cause slow loading times on your tweets timeline.
- Open Twitter and tap on the side drawer.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Under the General tab, tap on Data Usage.
- Tap on Media Storage or Web Storage.
- Tap on Clear Media Storage or Clear Web Storage to begin the process. Repeat these steps to clear both Media and Web Storage.
After clearing your cached data, return to your timeline to see if it is now loading faster.
Browsers often use caches and cookies to speed up the loading times of websites that you have visited before. However, if this data becomes corrupted, it can cause problems. If you are experiencing slow loading times on your tweets timeline, try clearing your browsing data to remove any corrupted caches and cookies.
- Open your browser and press CTRL + H on your keyboard.
- In your browser’s history, click on Clear Browsing Data from the side menu.
- Set the Time Range to All Time.
- Select “Cached Images and Files” and “Cookies and Other Site Data” and click the Clear Data button.
After clearing your browsing data, return to Twitter and sign in again. Test the loading speed of your timeline by refreshing it a few times to see if the issue has been resolved.
Disable browser extensions
Extensions are third-party apps for your browser that modify or add functionality to certain websites. While they can enhance your user experience, they can also slow down your system by causing extra load. To fix slow loading times on your tweets timeline, try turning off your browser extensions to see if it improves performance.
- Click on the Options button in the top-right corner of your browser and select Settings.
- In the side drawer, click on the Extensions tab.
- Turn off your browser extensions.
Reinstall Twitter app
If you are still experiencing issues with Twitter’s performance, you may want to try reinstalling the app on your device. This will ensure that you have a fresh, working copy of Twitter and can help resolve any problems with its files.
To reinstall Twitter on Android:
- Locate Twitter on your home screen and press its app icon until a selection screen appears.
- Tap on Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
- Go to the Play Store and reinstall Twitter.
To reinstall Twitter on iOS:
- Press Twitter’s app icon on your home screen until a pop-up screen appears.
- Tap on Remove App and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the app.
- Open the App Store and reinstall Twitter.
Reset your internet
One possible reason for slow loading times on your tweets timeline is a slow internet connection. You can check the speed of your network by performing a speed test using Fast.com. If the results show that your internet is slow, try restarting your router by unplugging its power cable for 5-10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
Once you have done this, run another speed test to see if the issue has been resolved. If you continue to experience network problems, contact your service provider for assistance.
If you are still experiencing the “Twitter slow to load” issue after trying the solutions above, you may want to reach out to Twitter Help Center. You can report the issue you are experiencing on their support page and include your account information and other relevant details to help them resolve the problem more quickly.