Gamers have started to voice their complaints about Dark and Darker crashing upon PC startup. If you experience the same thing, don’t worry we got some possible fixes for you!
A brand-new hard-core fantasy FPS dungeon PvPvE adventure called Dark, and Darker was created and released by IRONMACE. The objective of the game is to find magical treasures and thwart horrifying monsters while remaining one step ahead of the other crafty treasure hunters. You can play the game alone or with pals. The game is currently in playtest mode therefore Dark and Darker crashing problem is an expected one.
Now, if you’re also experiencing this problem, use this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Players may experience the startup crashing or the game not launching issue on the PC for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, we’ve provided a few solutions for you here that may be useful. Nearly all PC games now have various problems, including crashes, lags, stutters, framerate drops, etc.
How to Fix Dark and Darker crashing?
For various causes, including PC compatibility issues, out-of-date system software, out-of-date game versions, superfluous third-party chores, starting program troubles, and more, many PC gamers are experiencing the crashing startup problem. However, it’s possible that the impacted gamers are unaware of what is happening. In that scenario, we recommend you quickly review the reasons stated below that may be helpful before starting our guide on how to fix the Dark and Darker crashing issue.
These may cause a game to crash:
- Problems with the PC specification’s compatibility
- An old version of the game
- A dated launcher for games
- Ineffective graphics drivers
- Version problems with DirectX
- Unnecessary background processes running
- Blocking with antivirus or firewall software
- App startup problems
- Visual C++ from Microsoft difficulties with redistributables,
- Overclocked CPU/GPU
- Issues with overlay apps
5 fixes for the Dark And Darker crashing issue
Check your PC’s setup against the game’s system requirements first to see whether it is compatible enough. Sometimes compatibility problems can cause you a lot of hassle. Upgrade your configuration if it isn’t compatible if it isn’t current. You may see the minimum system requirements for Dark and Darker below.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10, 11
- Processor: 3.0 GHz Quad Core CPU
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 with 3GB of video RAM or Radeon RX 580 with 4GB of video RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 12 GB available space
Launch the Dark and Darker as admin
In order to grant User Account Control (UAC) access to the system, be sure to launch the game app file on your computer with administrator access. Your system may occasionally need UAC access authorization to run highly crucial software and possibly fix the Dark and Darker crashing error. By doing the following, the admin access will only need your permission once and won’t need it again. To do this:
- Go to the installation directory for the game Dark and Darker
- Select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab.
- To make it active, choose the checkbox next to Run this program as an administrator
- Once finished, press OK before pressing Apply to save your changes
- The game app file can then be launched by double-clicking on it
- Perform the same actions for the appropriate game client if you’re playing the game using the Steam client.
Disable full-screen optimization of Dark and Darker
Turning off the Windows system’s fullscreen optimizations for your particular game application file for some PCs should resolve compatibility problems. Although it is by default disabled, you should double-check to make sure the fullscreen optimization isn’t turned on. How to do it:
- Open the Steam client
- Select Library
- Dark & Darker > Right-click Select Manage
- To view local files, select Browse and go to the installed folder for Dark and Darker
- Right-click Dark & Darker.exe and choose Select Properties
- Make sure you tick the box next to “Disable fullscreen optimizations” on the Compatibility tab
- Once finished, press OK before pressing Apply to save your changes
Launch the game to see whether your Dark and Darker crashing issue is resolved.
Update your GPU driver
You should also follow the instructions below to upgrade the graphics driver version on your computer. Make sure to install any updates that are available. Several issues with the program’s launch, including those in games or even during gameplay sessions, Dark and Darker crashing errors might be brought on by an out-of-date GPU driver. In addition to making your game appear terrible, a graphics conflict prevents your PC from operating at its maximum capability. To do that:
Use the links below to access the official graphics card website where you may manually search for the model of your graphics card. As directed by the manufacturer, make sure to download and install the most recent GPU driver for your model number.
Close background applications
It is advised to stop all unneeded background processes running on your system by taking the procedures listed below because a slower system will result in Dark and Darker crashing.
- To launch Task Manager, use the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys
- Check which task is using the most resources by clicking on Processes
- To forcefully end a particular process, simply right-click on it and choose End Task
- Ensure that you follow the same procedures for every third-party software process that is using a lot of resources
- After finishing, exit Task Manager and restart your computer
Use a dedicated graphics card
To consistently receive better graphics performance, it’s advised to use your desktop’s dedicated (external) graphics card for demanding games and programs. Make use of the steps below to prevent the Dark and Darker crashing problem.
For an Nvidia GPU:
- Right-click the empty desktop and select Activate the Nvidia Control Panel
- Select 3D Settings. Go to Manage 3D Settings and click on it
- Program Settings, then Go to the list and choose Dark and Darker
- Choose your favorite graphics processor from the list for this program
- When finished, it will appear as a High-Performance Nvidia Processor
- Restart the computer after saving your modifications
For an AMD GPU:
- Open Radeon Settings by performing a right-click on the empty desktop
- Select “Additional Settings” and then Select Preferences
- Select Switchable Graphics Application Settings by clicking on Power
- Go to the list and choose Dark and Darker
- After finishing, choose High Performance under Graphics Settings
- Restart the computer to implement the modifications, then
We hope our guide has helped you fix the Dark and Darker crashing error. Although the steps we recommend in our guide are valid for all games in general, some problems such as WoW Dungeon finder not working may require specific steps, but don’t worry, we have an article for every problem of yours!