In this article, you will find the answer to the question ”How to hide Instagram Notes?” which is confusing for most users.
With Instagram’s Notes feature, you may share brief messages with your close friends or followers, and those people can react to you via direct messages (DMs). For 24 hours, your notes will be shown at the top of the Chats list. Your note won’t be viewable on Instagram beyond this point.
Notes are used by people and companies to advertise their goods, provide customer support, or simply stay in touch with their followers. Instagram gives you the option to silence notes since some of them might be grating.
2 easy methods on how to hide Instagram Notes
If you don’t like someone’s notes or you don’t want to see what your ex wrote in the notes, Instagram offers you two different options. Let’s go through them and learn ‘’How to mute Instagram Notes?’’ together.
Option 1: Hide Notes from its owner’s profile
Our first answer to ‘’How to hide Instagram Notes?’’ is hidden within their Instagram profile. To do so:
- Launch the Instagram app
- Go to the profile of the user.
- Move to the search box and type their username to quickly find their profile
- Tap on the Following v button. This will be located next to the Message button. A menu will show up
- Tap on the Mute option from the menu
- Tap on the grey switch image next to the “Notes” option to mute it
Option 2: Hide Notes from the Chat tab
You may mute Instagram Notes from the Chat tab of Instagram by following these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone or tablet
- Enter your login or email and password to sign in if you aren’t already
- Tap on the message icon. The message icon is located in the top-right corner of the main page
- Locate the note you want to hide. The notes from various users are visible at the top of your list of chats.
- Long press on the note you want to silence
- Select “Mute notes” by tapping it
- From the box, tap Mute Notes. You won’t see any notes from the muted account once you’re done
Check out the funny notes on Instagram.
How to get Instagram Notes?
As of the most recent update, the new functionality has started to roll out, so make sure Instagram is the most recent download on your smartphone.
Once you have entered your account, the following instructions are available:
- Launch Instagram on your tablet or phone. Instagram Notes is available to both Apple and Android users
- Click in the top right corner to go to the Direct Messages section
- The Notes area is located between the search bar and direct messaging
- Tap “Leave a note” to begin a new Note
- You can send it to people on your “Close Friends” list or to your followers
Although there is no limit to the number of Notes you can send in a day, the new note always replaces the prior one. There will only ever be one active note at a time.
We hope our guide on ”How to hide Instagram Notes?” was helpful to you. We know how annoying could be to see someone you don’t talk to in your Direct Messages tab. To learn more about Instagram’s newest feature, check out our article titled Twitterification of Instagram: Notes.