- 1 How to fix Vampire Survivors GPU lag?
- 1.1 Make sure your computer can play Vampire Survivors
- 1.2 Update your graphics card driver
- 1.3 Update your Windows operating system
- 1.4 Close background application running when playing Vampire Survivors
- 1.5 Install the latest game updates
- 1.6 Check if your antivirus is causing the game to lag
- 1.7 Repair the game
Today we explain how to fix Vampire Survivors GPU lag. There are various reasons why Vampire Survivors GPU lagging on your PC. It can be the result of a game file that is corrupted, out-of-date drivers, or even hardware problems. To solve this issue, you will need to take a number of troubleshooting procedures.
A gothic horror casual game with rogue light characteristics is called Vampire Survivors. You can take control of a character whose weapon automatically attacks in this time survival game. Your goal is to survive as long as you can while fighting off the never-ending waves of night creatures and monsters. As the game progresses, you can gather gold to later use to upgrade your equipment or buy new characters.
How to fix Vampire Survivors GPU lag?
When playing Vampire Survivors, one of the problems you could run into is persistent lagging. During gameplay, you’ll notice that it will freeze or slow down. When there are numerous adversaries on the screen, this can be a difficult experience. Here’s what you need to do to stop Vampire Survivors GPU lag:
Make sure your computer can play Vampire Survivors
Vampire Survivors has the advantage of not requiring a powerful computer to function. If you don’t have an expensive dedicated graphics card, you can even play the game using the integrated graphics card of your processor. To play the game, your computer should, however, meet the system requirements.
Minimum system requirements
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Storage: 250 MB available space
Update your graphics card driver
It’s possible that the Vampire Survivors GPU lagging issue is being caused by out-of-date graphics card drivers on your computer. Make sure the most recent drivers are installed because they contain various critical performance upgrades and bug fixes that may stop game lags.
- To the right-click the Start button.
- Toggle to Device Manager. The window for the device management will then open.
- In front of Display adapters, click the arrow. The list of display adapters will grow as a result.
- Update driver by performing a right-click on the chosen graphics card. You can then update your driver thanks to this.
- Choose Find drivers automatically. This will look for any new drivers online and install them.
If you have an NVIDIA card or a Radeon card, you can also update the graphics driver using the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app or the Radeon Software, respectively.
After installing the most recent drivers, restart your computer and see if the Vampire Survivors GPU lag issue persists.
Update your Windows operating system
One of the reasons Vampire Survivors GPU Lagging is because you haven’t downloaded the latest Windows updates. These updates typically include a number of enhancements and bug fixes that can enhance your gaming experience.
- To the right-click the Start button.
- Choose Settings.
- On the bottom left of the new window that displays, select the Windows Update area.
- To check for updates, click.
- If any new updates are discovered, select Install immediately.
You must restart your computer after installing the new updates to see if the Vampire Survivors GPU lagging or freezing problem persists.
Close background application running when playing Vampire Survivors
If there are too many programs running in the background while you are playing the game, it will lag or freeze. A lesser amount of CPU, GPU, and RAM will be available for the game if other programs like your Chrome browser, Office apps, or Discord are running. These programs will consume computer system resources. Close running applications:
- Right-clicking the Start button and choosing Task Manager will bring up the task manager window.
- Always click on “More details.”
- Then select the Processes tab.
- To end a running app, right-click it and choose End task.
- See if you can eliminate the game’s lag by trying this.
Install the latest game updates
The developers of this early access game frequently release updates that address various player complaints. The game may be lagging because you’re playing an older, poorly optimized version of it. Ensure that you are running the most recent version of the game, as this may help to resolve the issue.
- Launch Steam and sign in with your account information to download the most recent Vampire Survivors game patch.
- Pick Vampire Survivors from the left tab by selecting the game library option and then right-clicking.
- From the list, choose Properties, and then click the Updates tab.
- Ensure that the Auto Updates option’s Always Keep This Game Updated checkbox is checked.
Check if your antivirus is causing the game to lag
There is a chance that the lag issue will arise if your antivirus program is constantly checking the game files. If the game lags, you can see if this is the cause by turning off your antivirus program. If not, you will need to add the game to its list of exceptions. Adding the game to the exception list of antivirus software:
- Click the Start button.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings.
- Click Add or remove exclusions.
- Click Add an exclusion.
- Click Folder.
- Find the folder location of Vampire Survivors and select it.
Repair the game
Most likely, corrupted or missing game files are to blame for your game’s persistent freezing. By utilizing the Steam client to check the integrity of the files, you can ensure that all of the ones the game needs are present.
Check out Vampire Survivors weapon evolution guide.