- 1 How to clear Mastodon cache?
- 2 FAQ
Today we explain how to clear Mastodon cache. Mastodon has recently gained notoriety. You might need to erase the cache both then and now if you’ve been using Mastodon. This guide will assist you if you don’t know how to clean the cache on Mastodon.
Users have been searching for Twitter since Elon Musk acquired it. Mastodon is a Twitter substitute that you can use. Mastodon is not a business community like Twitter. In reality, the decentralized, ad-free Mastodon community is a thriving one that lets you build your own servers and has a healthy community.
How to clear Mastodon cache?
Here are a few things that will assist you in learning how to clear the Mastodon cache if you want to know how to do it. Search history can be cleared completely under Settings > Security.
If the steps we listed above weren’t clear enough for you, we have detailed explanations of them below that will undoubtedly be helpful.
How to clear Mastodon cache on an iOS device?
- Your first task is to locate the app icon on your iPhone’s screen. You can also use the list of apps in your smartphone settings, in addition.
- On your phone’s screen, long-press the app and then hold it there until the menu appears next to it. Even the surrounding apps are visible.
- You can also select the remove option from the loss of option in the menu by clicking the minus sign that you can see in the app’s corner.
- When prompted, select the option to delete the app.
- Even better, you can download the Mastodon app again from the app store.
How to clear Mastodon cache on an Android device?
- The settings menu on your Android device should be opened.
- Now scroll down to the app section and look for the Mastodon app.
- When you locate the app, click on it, then select Mastodon from the list of other apps.
- You can now select the storage option to reveal the claret cache option. You can clear your Mastodon cache by tapping this option.
Is clearing the cache on Mastodon important?
It is crucial to clear the cache on Mastodon because it enhances the Mastodon experience. The app will save the posts in the device cache once you load them on Mastodon. Therefore, the Mastodon cache saved on your iPhone and Android will be crucial in helping to load the item quickly the next time you check the same post.
The data will be taken from your iPhone and Android’s cache data rather than the line server. However, as time goes on, the cache on your iPhone and Android smartphones will grow, which will affect your device too. The performance of the iPhone or Android device can be enhanced by clearing the cache. However, the app will take some time to load the next time you visit Mastodon because the cache will be cleared.
Check out Mastodon Twitter Crossposter guide.
Why do you need to clear the Mastodon cache?
You do occasionally need to erase the Mastodon cache, though. For instance, if the device’s memory is limited, the amount of cached data may cause the device to slow down. The app may occasionally become sluggish or lag. In that case, it is crucial that you clear the Mastodon cache to speed up both your device and the Mastodon cache possibly.
Can you clear the cache to be cleared without deleting the Mastodon app?
You can clear the cache without deleting the application on an Android device, but this is not possible on an iOS device.