With this article, you can learn how to fix the Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout error. This is one of the most frequent problems you may have, and many people have complained about it because it has long been a source of frustration for many players.
This issue appears under Connection Timeout in the downloads tab when downloading a game. This problem typically appears a little while after you first start downloading the game. The game will continue to display the Connection Timeout problem even after numerous tries, which makes it a very aggravating bug.
Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout: Possible reasons
This error may appear for a number of reasons, including:
- Slow internet connection may cause problems
- Steam servers might be down
- Overloaded servers might be the issue
- Region server issues might be the reason
Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout: How to fix it?
Try these solutions to fix the Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout error:
- Change your download region
- Disable firewall
- Reinstall Steam
Let’s take a closer look at how to fix the Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout error.
Change your download region
You may not be aware of this, but Steam gives you the ability to change the region for your downloads to any of the several ones listed.
To change the region of your download follow these steps:
- Navigate to the settings tab on Steam. This menu will be located in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Go to the downloads section in the settings menu to find the Download Region setting.
- There are numerous regions that can be selected as your download region under the Download Region setting. Be sure to test out various locations to determine which one works best for you and offers the fastest download speeds.
If the issue still exists, try alternative download areas and restart Steam each time you switch your region. This is the most typical solution to this issue, and it usually works for those who are having the same issue.
Firewall can prevent some entirely safe files from being downloaded, which is a terrific approach to safeguard your device from harmful infections. Since games purchased through Steam are verified games that have already undergone testing, there is almost no possibility that games acquired through Steam may contain viruses or anything that could damage your device.
You can try turning off your firewall and finishing the game download if the initial remedy does not work. Re-enable the firewall after the game has finished downloading. You may simply turn off the Firewall for steam, which should also work if you don’t want to disable it entirely.
If all else fails, you should just try to reinstall Steam on your device and cross your fingers that this problem won’t occur again. If the previous two approaches don’t work, this has also been effective for many players, so it is at least worthwhile to try.
Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout: Last resort
If you try these solutions and still the game not working, the problem might be different. You might try the following simple troubleshooting for problems on day one:
- Update the GPU and operating system
- Run the Battle.Net/Steam with admin permission and verify game files
- Disable overlays and other background applications
- Disable NVIDIA instant replay and ShadowPlay
- Allow the game through the Windows Firewall
- Ensure the MW2 is starting in Native Resolution
- Delete the config file
- Issue with Steam phone number verification
This way you’ve learned how to fix the Warhammer Vermintide 2 connection timeout issue, you can also check our guide to find out the latest Warhammer Vermintide 2 Twitch mode, head in! The game is available on Steam.