Today we explain how to play with friends on Overwatch 2. The core of any hero shooter is PVP. Playing with friends is going to be a lot of fun in the new OW2, and Overwatch was one of the initial games to introduce this subgenre to widespread popularity.
Additionally, many new players are signing up for the first time because the new game has switched to a free-to-play model with complete cross-platform play features. We have therefore created a straightforward guide to assist you rapidly join matches with your friends. Here is our advice on how to invite and play Overwatch 2 with buddies after that.
How to play with friends on Overwatch 2? Add & invite friends
You must add your friends using a “Battle Net” account in order to invite them and play with them in Overwatch 2. Once added, you can create a “Group” in Overwatch 2 by pressing the “Social” option, then join any match mode to play with other players. Here are the steps to take in order to do this to make it simple for you:
- Launch Overwatch 2 and select “Main Menu”
- You may find your name on the screen’s upper right corner.
- To see your BattleTag, simply hover over here.
- In the same manner, your buddies may locate their BattleTag.
- Then select the “Social” button.
- The “Friends” menu will then be displayed.
- Simply select “Add Friends”
- Your friend’s BattleTag here
- Additionally, you must input the numeric ID following “#” as shown in our example.
- Select “Send Request”
- Now, your friend can accept the in-game prompt.
- After that is complete, your pals will appear in this “Friends” menu.
- To invite someone to your group, click the “+” sign next to their name. In OW2, this is the “Invite to Group” option.
- Once finished, you will take charge of the group.
A “crown” will appear over your name as a result.
- Only the group leader will have the authority to choose and begin matches.
- You can play with your friends indefinitely from now on.
How to accept friend requests in OW 2?
- As soon as a buddy sends you a friend request, check your main menu’s SOCIAL tab to see if it has arrived.
- Locate the Invitations button in the top menu.
- Under this tab, you can view your pending friend requests.
- In Overwatch 2, choose the checkbox next to the friend whose request you want to accept.
- To reject the friend request, click the X.
- When finished, select the Friends tab to see that person added there.
Check out the D.Va Overwatch 2 changes: Nerfs and buffs
Is Overwatch cross platform?
Yes, crossplay will be completely supported in Overwatch 2. Players on all supported platforms, which include PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch, will be able to play together in this new game, the Blizzard devs have repeatedly stated.
Can Xbox and PC play together?
Cross-network play, often known as cross play, allows players on Xbox consoles and Windows 10/11 devices to play with players on PCs, Nintendo consoles, Playstation consoles, and other devices.
Do I get Overwatch 2 if I have Overwatch 1?
And if they already own Overwatch 1, they will receive Overwatch 2 as essentially a system update. On your computer or gaming console, you’ll see an option to “Update the game to Overwatch 2.” On October 4, new players will be able to access the Overwatch 2 download page and play the game for free.