- 1 Overwatch 2 friends list empty error solved
- 2 How to fix the OW2 error?
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Conclusion
If you are facing the Overwatch 2 friends list empty error, you’re not the only one. Many Overwatch 2 players have reported this problem, which is why their friend list appears to be empty. As a result, consumers are swarming online to get their dose. Check out this guide if you’re having trouble figuring out how to make your Overwatch 2 friend list appear.
Overwatch 2 friends list empty error solved
As of this writing, the Overwatch 2 friends list empty error is just a temporary issue, and the programmers will address all currently recognized problems in one of the forthcoming hotfixes. Thankfully, there are a few other methods you can use to join your friends’ party and enter the matches with them.
By the way, if you can’t solve the Overwatch 2 sorry unable to log you in issue, check out our special guide!
How to fix the OW2 error?
The player base of Overwatch 2 is what keeps people coming back to play the game. So playing with pals is one of the strongest incentives to come back. However, when your friend list doesn’t appear in the game, it can be a little challenging. If have faced the Overwatch 2 friends list empty error, follow these steps:
- Restart Overwatch 2
- Ask your friends to send an invite
- Use the chat feature
- Contact Blizzard
Now let’s explain everything in detail.
Restart Overwatch 2
According to many Overwatch 2 players, restarting the game is the best way to get your friend list back. It typically occurs when several players are attempting to connect to the game at once and the servers become unresponsive.
Be aware, though, that if you play at busy times, you might need to stand in line once more to enter.
Ask your friends to send an invite
You can ask your friends to send you an invitation if you’re the only member of your team who is afflicted by this bug. And if you need to invite someone to a party you’re in, ask the other person’s party leader to send them a friend request so they can join the group.
Following the acceptance of the friend request, select the Social option from the main menu, then click on the friend’s username to send an invitation to join the group.
Use the chat feature
If none of the aforementioned approaches are successful, you can quickly invite your friends by using the chat box as a workaround. Here’s how to go about it:
- Pressing Enter will open the chat box in Overwatch 2.
- Enter “/invite” and your friend’s username after that.
- After that, your friend can accept and come to your party.
- Once you’re in a party, you can begin waiting in line for matches as a group.
If you haven’t been able to solve the Overwatch 2 friends list empty error, contacting Blizzard support is your last resort. If none of the aforementioned options appear to be successful for you just send a ticket. The majority of players will probably have to wait it out, although it’s probable that this is a problem that will be resolved in due course.
Now you’ve learned how to fix the Overwatch 2 friends list empty error. If you have further quesitons, check out the list below.
Can you play Overwatch 2 with friends?
Is Overwatch 2 Comp crossplay?
How to invite friends in Overwatch 2?
- Open Overwatch 2’s main menu after loading the game.
- Give a friend your BattleTag by hovering over your username in the top right corner if you want them to add you. If not, ask them to give you their BattleTag by interpreting it similarly.
- Open the Social tab by selecting it from the main menu’s Battle Pass list. The Friends list will launch by itself.
- Go to the right and choose the Add Friends option.
- Add the numbers that follow the pound symbol (#) and the friend’s BattleTag.
- The friend will be notified after you click Send Request, and they can choose to accept or reject it.