- 1 Overwatch 2 freezing: How to fix the OW2 error?
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Conclusion
If you are one of the players who are dealing with the Overwatch 2 freezing issue check out the solutions below. PC users have reported a wide range of troubles with Overwatch 2. from desktop crashes to persistent freezes during games. Here are some solutions to these problems.
Overwatch 2 is officially here, but Blizzard’s brand-new arena shooter has had a rough introduction. Numerous users have reported freezing, crashing, numerous error messages, and other problems with the game.
By the way, if you can’t solve the Overwatch 2 sorry unable to log you in issue, check out our special guide!
Overwatch 2 freezing: How to fix the OW2 error?
Players on PCs appear to frequently freeze during matches and crash to the desktop. It’s frustrating when some people can’t even complete one match.
It seems likely that this is a bug on Blizzard’s end, and they will need to repair it in order to make the game function as intended. The crashing and freezing issues seem to almost exclusively affect older graphics cards like Nvidia GTX 1050ti and GTX 660. But until Blizzard fixes the problems, there are a few potential fixes you can attempt. Here are several examples:
Follow these steps to fix the Overwatch 2 freezing issue:
- Update your GPU driver
- Set the game priority to high
- Repair the game useing Battle.net client
- Reinstall the game
Overwatch 2 freezing fix 1: Update your GPU driver
- Type “device manager” into the taskbar’s search box, then click on Device Manager.
- To see the names of the devices, choose a category, then right-click (or press and hold) the item you want to update.
- Choose Automatically check for driver software updates.
- Choosing Update Driver.
- You can attempt to find a new driver on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions if Windows is unable to do so.
Overwatch 2 freezing fix 2: Set the game priority to high
- Open Task Manager
- Head to Details tab
- Right click on Overwatch 2
- Choose high priority
Overwatch 2 freezing fix 3: Repair the game useing Battle.net client
Numerous issues and faults might occur as a result of corrupted and damaged game files.
Please check for game updates before using the repair tool as updating the game can frequently fix these issues.
- Launch the Battle.net desktop application.
- Select the icon of Overwatch 2.
- Check for Updates can be found by selecting the cogwheel next to the Play button.
- Use the repair tool if your game is up to date but the issue still exists:
- Select Scan and Repair by turning the cogwheel to the left of the Play button.
- Click Start Scan.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Overwatch 2 freezing fix 4: Reinstall Overwatch 2
- To uninstall a game, launch the Battle.net desktop application, choose the icon for the game from the list, click the drop-down arrow next to the play button, and then choose Uninstall.
- Then, Install Overwatch again.
This way you’ve learned how to fix the Overwatch 2 freezing issue, if you have further questions we’ve tried to answer some FAQ below.
Why does my Overwatch 2 keep crashing?
A security application that is acting too enthusiastically may be causing Overwatch 2 to crash. Add Overwatch 2 to your safe list first. As an alternative, try running the game while temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall.
How do I stop my computer from freezing games?
Freezing and crashing issues can occasionally be resolved by leaving and starting over. To achieve this, click the window’s X in the top-right corner to close it (quitting the game), and then launch it again.
Why is Overwatch stuttering?
Your graphics card may be old or your video/graphics settings may be too high if Overwatch 2 is lagging or stuttering. The game won’t run properly on an out-of-date graphics card, and high video settings will make the game run slowly.
You’ll need to be patient and wait for Blizzard to release a repair to fix the Overwatch 2 freezing issue. It’s unfortunate, but given how difficult the launch has been, try to be kind and give the developers a break.
The second installment of Overwatch is currently accessible on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. You can also learn how to fix the Overwatch 2 0 players ahead of you error by visiting our article.