Today we explain how to send live location on WhatsApp. One of the most crucial things that modern cell phones enable us to perform is location tracking, whether it be for security, spying, or any other purpose.
One of the simplest and most common methods to communicate your whereabouts with someone is using the Live Location function. The feature is beneficial for people who need to disclose their location for any reason even though it is not always 100% accurate. Additionally, over 400 million people in the nation use WhatsApp, so chances are good that the person you want to contact has already downloaded the program.
What is live location on WhatsApp?
Users of WhatsApp can share their current position with any of their contacts using the Live Location function. Additionally, it continuously updates as your location changes, allowing others to track your whereabouts at all times. With this software, you can choose to share your location for various lengths of time, like 15 minutes, an hour, or even eight hours.
The function can be quite helpful, especially for safety reasons or if you need to inform someone of your projected arrival time (estimated time of arrival). This function allows women to let their family members know where they are when they take a late-night cab. Uber and other live tracking apps don’t perform as well as WhatsApp’s Live Location.
There are two ways that WhatsApp lets you disclose your location. One is, of course, the previously mentioned live location feature, and the other is to just broadcast your location once. This is how to send live location on WhatsApp.
How to send live location on WhatsApp?
Read the steps below, and you will learn how to send live location on WhatsApp in no time.
- Go to the contact you wish to share with on WhatsApp.
- Tap the share button that shows on Android when you’re typing in the chat text box.
- On iPhones, hit more after tapping the Plus icon adjacent to the text box.
- Next, select the “Location” option.
- WhatsApp will now request location access from you if you haven’t already given it permission. You can decide to grant access only once if you’re sharing a location just once. However, if you want to share a live location, you must set the location permission to “Always.”
- The location screen appears when you tap the location option.
- “Send your current location” and “Share live location” are the available options.
- Choose how long you want to share the location by tapping the Share Live Location option.
How long does live location last on WhatsApp?
You decide how long to publish your live location, but WhatsApp offers a few pre-set settings. You have the option to reveal your location for 15 minutes, an hour, or eight continuous hours. The software will continuously log your location if you share your live location, which has ramifications for both your privacy and battery life.
When you have a low battery, we advise against publishing your live position because it might quickly drain your power. Even when the phone’s screen is off and the program is only open in the background when sharing a live location, WhatsApp may still access your location.
How to stop sharing your live location?
Imagine that you revealed your whereabouts for the previous eight hours but arrived at your destination earlier. Then you might wish to stop disclosing the location. Here’s how to block WhatsApp from disclosing your current location.
- Open the private conversation in which you shared your location.
- On the conversation, click the box that contains the map image.
- After that, select “stop sharing.”
- You can choose to cease sharing live locations from the three-dot menu in the top right corner of the home page if you have shared your location with several chats or groups.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on how to send live location on WhatsApp. If you did, we are sure that you will also enjoy our other articles, such as Whatsapp Shopping is here thanks to Meta and Jio collab, or how to record a WhatsApp call on Android and iPhone.