Players in Final Fantasy XIV will be able to continue the MSQ as well as take on a brand-new dungeon and trial with the release of patch 6.2. For new parties, the trial in especially, can be rather difficult. Here is a comprehensive FFXIV Storm’s Crown trial walkthrough to assist you.
Unlock Storm’s Crown in FFXIV: Defeat Barbariccia
Since this trial is a component of the MSQ, it must be seen. Simply carry on with the MSQ and advance the plot until you reach the “The Wind Rises” task.
You must enter Barbariccia’s kingdom in order to complete this quest. The trial will then be instantly placed on your Duty Finder at this time, where you can queue up for it just like any other Duty. Before defeating the boss, don’t forget to learn how to unlock the FFXIV Island Sanctuary.
Barbariccia moves and mechanics
Although the moves in Barbariccia’s two phases are generally identical, there are some important distinctions to be aware of. All of them will be covered further down.
- Void Aero IV: Use heals cause this move applies raid-wide damage.
- Savage Barbery: The path of Barbariccia’s subsequent AoE strike is shown by a crimson arching line that appears. Move far away from where the line meets the ground since a sizable AoE circle will appear there. Additionally, orange swords will start to appear all throughout Barbariccia to represent the form of a secondary AoE attack. The middle of the arena will be taken up by a long line AoE if the swords arc over her. The safe area will be in her hitbox if the swords encircle her since it will be a wide doughnut AoE that fills the arena’s outer boundaries.
- Hair Raid: Barbariccia’s next location is shown by a straight red line. Stay on the line and follow it. As soon as Barbariccia arrives, she will turn around with a wide cone AoE.
- Void Aero V: Red markers are used to mark both tanks. While everyone else avoids them, they must stack in order to distribute the damage.
- Teasing Tangles: Players are bound to a wrapped lock of Barbariccia’s hair. Your movements will be delayed, and if you attempt to leave the ring-shaped region surrounded by the hair wraps to which you are tethered, you will suffer harm and be drawn back into it.
- Secret Breeze: While Teasing Tangles is still active, AoEs start appearing all around the arena. Players must remain within the circumference of their hair wraps and avoid the AoEs.
Barbariccia will cast Curling Iron when you have reduced her health to 60%, doing raid-wide damage and briefly knocking everyone back.
Phase 2 will begin with a barrage of AoE attacks from Barbariccia. She will continually spawn line AoEs in the direction she is facing, followed by a swirl pattern AoE that covers the entire arena. Following that, Barbariccia clones will spawn at the arena’s perimeter and all of them will push line AoEs inwards. Keep moving and alert because the second phase is essentially an AoE city.
She will mark one tank with a damage marker and one other player with an orange stack marker before she ends her assault. While the others stack, the tank should remain far away.
Another orange stack marker appears on a player after that, and a silver proximity marker appears on another player. While the rest of the group stacks, the player with the proximity marker must stay away.
Barbariccia will then begin to throw forth slow-moving green whirlwinds, so stay clear of them as much as you can. She will demonstrate all of these movements before casting Teasing Tangles, which requires players to maneuver within their own circular regions while dodging all of this phase AoE strikes. In what should be a “normal” boss fight in Final Fantasy XIV, it’s one of the toughest trial stages we’ve seen, so healers must focus on healing.
By the way, some players are reporting some issues related to the game. If you are having any difficulties, check out our guide showing how to fix the FFXIV launcher error 30413. The problem might also be related to your operating system. Some gamers fixed the 0x0 0x0 Windows error code and they were able to play the game again! The game is available on Steam.