If you want to put a Reel onto your Story but struggling, today we’re covering how to add full Reel on Instagram Story, so you can share your favorite Reels.
Why can’t I put full reel on Instagram story?
While the default recording duration limit for Reels is 15 seconds, you may increase it to 30 seconds. A single Instagram Story video, on the other hand, can only be 15 seconds long. This implies that if you post a reel (video longer than 15 seconds) to your Instagram story, just 15 seconds of the video will be displayed. To access the rest of the reel in the Reels area, your audience must touch the story. When you save a long reel from a story, just the first 15 seconds of video are saved to your camera roll.
What if you want to publish entire 30-second reels on Instagram Story? However, it is not yet able to share reels longer than 15 seconds on Instagram story. This is due to an Instagram constraint that requires people to watch whole reels via the Reels interface. This makes sense because seeing a reel in the Reels tab increases interest and allows users to explore additional Reels.
However, there is a workaround that you may utilize to add lengthier reels to your Instagram story. The idea is to save the reel to your gallery and then upload it to the narrative. This means that if you add a 30-second long clip to your narrative, it will automatically divide into two halves. Your followers may then view the clips back to back in two 15-second parts. The only drawback is that the reel you submit will not include a link to the original reel. Let’s have a look at how to share complete reels on Instagram Story for iPhone. You may share someone else’s lengthy reel or your own reel to Instagram Stories using the approach outlined below.
How to add full Reel on Instagram Story?
Install the shortcut “Instagram Media Saver.” To do so, go to this page and click the “Add Shortcut” button. This shortcut allows you to save reels, stories, images, and videos directly from Instagram to Photos on iOS.
- Navigate to “Reels” and choose the reel you wish to use as a tale. To locate the reels you’ve submitted, go to your profile and click the Reels tab.
- In the bottom-right corner, tap the ellipsis button (3-dot icon).
- Tap “Share to…” and then from the Share sheet, pick “Instagram Media Saver.”
- When you see the ad “Shortcuts would want access to Shortcuts,” click OK.
- Choose “Always Allow” to provide the shortcut the necessary rights.
- After saving the reel video to the Photos app, launch Instagram and create a new story.
- Swipe up on the screen on the build tale page and pick the downloaded Reel. (Please keep in mind that reels longer than 15 seconds will automatically split into two parts.)
- Add any effects, stickers, or text to the reel video if desired.
- To post the entire reel on your Instagram Story, hit “Next” and then the “Share” option next to Your Story.
- That’s all.
We hope that you enjoyed this article on how to add full Reel on Instagram Story. If you did, we are sure that you will also like to check out our other articles, such as how to make money with Instagram Reels, or how to add Reels back to profile grid in 2022 (2 easy solutions).