You can learn how to block a YouTube channel with this article. There are some YouTube channels that you don’t want to encounter. They might produce low-quality, clickbait material or the creator’s beliefs may not match yours. Whatever the reason, you should prevent channels from showing up in your YouTube feed that you don’t want to see.
How to block a YouTube channel?
You can’t “block” a YouTube channel in the conventional internet sense of the term as a viewer. You may simply remove it from your recommendations and feed. This does not, however, prevent you from finding the channel elsewhere, such as through search results or on external websites.
When you block a YouTube channel, it is applied to the account level in order to improve your YouTube recommendations. This implies that if you block a channel on your desktop, it will automatically be removed from your phone as well.
- Search for a video from a channel that you wish to ban on the YouTube homepage.
- On the desktop, click over the video.
- Select the three vertical dots.
- Select don’t recommend channel.
- Select Undo if you made a mistake.
How to unblock a YouTube channel?
Unfortunately, you can’t unblock a channel in isolation until you undo it immediately after blocking it.
- Go to your Google My Activity page.
- Click Other Google activity on the left menu.
- Beneath YouTube ‘Not interested’ feedback, click Delete.
- Click Delete again to confirm.
Do you know how to download Youtube videos on PC in 2022?
How do I block a YouTube channel on my phone?
- Go to the YouTube account you wish to follow using your iPhone or Android device’s official YouTube app.
- You may accomplish this by clicking on the profile image of a person’s account who is watching one of their videos.
- Tap the three-dotted ellipsis in the top-right corner.
- Tap Block user.
- Tap Block in the confirmation message that appears.
How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
- Open YouTube.com and log in to your account there.
- In the left sidebar, click the “Settings” button.
- To switch off restricted mode, go to the bottom of your screen and select “Restricted Mode: Off.”
- To turn on Restricted Mode, select “On” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save.”