Last year, Riot Games said mid-scope updates would be making their debut in a few champions, and now we’ve seen the outlines for Olaf and Swain rework. In this article, we covered all there is to know about these changes.
Olaf and Swain rework release date
Riot Games revealed Olaf and Swain rework, which will be implemented to the PBE servers for players to try. It’s quite possible that things will change again before all of the changes go live, and it’s also probable that one may come out sooner than the other if development ends up taking longer than expected based on player feedback. These changes are a part of Riot’s attempt to make League of Legends better, such as the Mythic Essence update.
These are classified as mid-scope updates since they aren’t total visual and gameplay upgrades, like some of the other champions have received in the past. That means that much of the two champions’ kits will still appear similar to their current live versions, albeit with important changes. We probably will see at least one of these reworks implemented after the 12.7 patch.
Olaf and Swain rework
You can check both Olaf and Swain rework details below, which were revealed by Riot on Twitter and Reddit. Now that these changes are live on PBE, League of Legends players are eager to see what modifications Taliyah will get.
Swain update coming to PBE today, featuring…more birds! Aiming for these to help solo lane as well as support. Come try it out! pic.twitter.com/15aLapSQGc
— Tim (@TheTruexy) April 12, 2022
Swain rework details
Ravenous Flock (P)
- [REMOVED] Swain can no longer pull crowd-controlled enemies.
- [REMOVED] Swain’s pull no longer deals damage.
- Healing : 4/5.5/7% (levels 1/6/11) maximum health >>> 4/5.5/7%/9% (levels 1/6/11/16) maximum health
- Health Per Soul Fragment :: 5 >>> 12
Death’s Hand (Q)
- Mana Cost :: 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 45/50/55/60/65
- Cooldown :: 9/7.5/6/4.5/3s >>> 7/6/5/4/3s
- Damage :: 55/75/95/115/135 (+40% AP) >>> 60/80/100/120/140 (+40% AP)
- Additional Bolt Damage :: 15/20/25/30/35% > > > 12/22/32/42/52 (+10% AP)
- Maximum Damage :: 88/135/190/253/324 (+64/72/80/88/96% AP) > >> 108/168/228/288/348 (+80% AP)
Vision Of Empire (W)
- Mana Cost :: 70/80/90/100/110 >>> 60/65/70/75/80
- [NEW] Pings now display enemies in range similar to Twisted Fate (R) and Nocturne (R)
- [NEW] Can now be reactivated to pull all champions rooted by Nevermove.
- [NEW] Cooldown is reduced by 20% during Demonic Ascension (R)
Demonic Ascension (R)
- Cooldown : 120s >>> 100/80/60s
- Drain Damage per Second :: 35/50/65 (+14% AP) >>> 20/45/70 (+10% AP)
- Drain Heal per Second :: 20/35/40 (+16% AP) >>> 20/40/60 (+16% AP) >>> 15/40/65 (+25%)
- [REMOVED] No longer grants 125/200/275 health.
- [CHANGED] Upon casting Demonic Ascension Swain gains 50 Demon Power. Demonic Ascension lasts as long as swain has Demon Power, which drains at a rate of 10 per second. While draining an enemy champion, Swain gains 20 Demon Power per second. After 3 seconds, Swain can cast Demonflare (R2).
- Demonflare Damage :: 100/150/200 (+50% AP) > >> 150/225/300 (+60% AP)
- [NEW] Demonflare now slows enemies by 60%, decaying over 1.5 seconds.
- [CHANGED] On casting Demonic Ascension, Swain can cast Demonflare 1 time. This does not end Demonic Ascension.
- [REMOVED] Demonflare no longer charges up based on health drained, up to double damage.
Olaf rework details
- Attack Damage :: 68 (+3.5/level), 127.5 at level 18 >>> 68 (+4.7/level), 148 at level 18
- Health :: 575 (+100/level), 2275 at level 18 >>> 575 (+105/level), 2360 at level 18
- Mana :: 316 (+42/level), 1030 at level 18 >>> 316 (+60/level), 1336 at level 18
Passive – Berserker Rage
- Calculation reworked to grant max effectiveness at or below 30% health
- Maximum Attack Speed granted :: 99% >>> 40-100% (levels 1-18)
- [NEW] Now gives up to 12-35% life steal (levels 1-18), based on Olaf’s missing health
Q – Undertow
- [NEW] – Shreds 25/27.5/30/32.5/35% armor for 4 seconds on champion hit
- Damage :: 80/125/170/215/260 >>> 60/110/160/210/260
- Minimum Range :: Approximately 300 >>> 425
- Mana Cost :: 60 at all ranks >>> 40/45/50/55/60
- Cooldown :: 7 seconds >>> 8 seconds
- Cooldown refund on axe pickup :: 4.5 seconds >>> 5 seconds
W – Vicious Strikes [REWORKED] (ability may be renamed)
- [NEW] Resets Olaf’s basic attack
- [NEW] Olaf gains 70/115/160/205/250 (+25% of Olaf’s missing health) as a shield for 2.5 seconds
- [REMOVED] No longer grants Life Steal
- [REMOVED] No longer amplifies Olaf’s healing based on missing health
- Attack Speed :: 50/60/70/80/90% for 6 seconds >>> 40/50/60/70/80% for 4 seconds
- Cooldown :: 16 seconds at all ranks>>> 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
R – Ragnarok
- [NEW] Hitting a champion with a basic attack or E – Reckless Swing extends the duration of Ragnarok to 2.5 seconds. Olaf can refresh Ragnarok indefinitely.
- Duration :: 6 seconds >>> 3 seconds
- [REMOVED] R – Ragnarok’s passive’s bonus resistances are no longer lost for the duration of the cast