Apple Airpods customization guide is here for you. The AirPods are, in appearance, really simple, but they offer many more options than they appear at first glance. In general, all actions are simple, but it never hurts to have them collected in an article like the one below.
Apple Airpods customization: How to connect AirPods to iPhone, iPad, or Mac?
To use the AirPods the first thing we need is to have a device compatible with them, these are iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10.1 or later, Apple Watch with watchOS 3 or later, and Mac with macOS Sierra or later. Now we just need to connect them for the first time to the device. In iOS these are the steps to follow:
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the AirPods case and bring it close to the device.
- Press OK in the window that will appear on the device.
Remember that being connected to iCloud the AirPods will already be automatically configured on the rest of our devices, so it is not necessary to repeat the process on the other devices.
How to connect AirPods to other devices?
If, on the other hand, we do not have an iOS device but we want to use the AirPods, for example on a Windows PC, the steps to follow are these:
- We open the charging case with the AirPods inside.
- We press and hold the button on the back until the LED lights up.
- On the device, go to the Bluetooth section.
- Select the AirPods from the available devices.
How to use Siri on AirPods?
Unlike other headphones, the AirPods are fully compatible with Siri, this means that we will be able to ask the virtual assistant for things as if it were an iPhone. We simply say “Hey Siri” and then requests like these:
- Turn the volume up or down.
- Call a contact.
- Ask for weather information.
- Change songs.
- Play a music playlist.
- Check the AirPods battery.
How to check the battery and charge your AirPods?
Apple’s AirPods have great autonomy as a strong point, this is due to both the headphones themselves and the case that accompanies them.
- The AirPods have an autonomy of 5 to 6 hours of music playback.
- The case features several full charges of the AirPods to reach up to 30 hours of playback.
- Charging the AirPods for 15 minutes will provide up to 3 hours of playback.
To check the charge status of the AirPods and the case we can do it from the iOS battery widget. We can also put the AirPods inside the case and open it near an iOS device to show us an animation with the remaining battery. Finally, the LED on the case illuminated green means the charge is full, while orange means there is less than a full charge remaining. The AirPods inside is indicating the battery of the AirPods themselves, without them is indicating the battery of the case.
Apple Airpods Pro vs Beats Fit Pro
How to customize AirPods settings?
With all this, we will be able to use the AirPods very easily, but we can also customize some settings of them from Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods on our iPhone or iPad. These are the changes we can make:
- Change the name of the AirPods.
- Enable or disable automatic ear detection.
- Set which earpiece the microphone is used from.
As we have started by saying, AirPods offer us quite a few more options than what meets the eye. Useful options both to interact with our headphones comfortably and to customize the use we give them.