Here’s How to change WhatsApp ringtone on your iPhone and Android phone.
The WhatsApp ringtone is usually the same that the mobile has by default. However, it is better to have a different one that is only for calls from this instant messaging application, to differentiate them from other apps and those received by phone itself through the operator’s network. Therefore, whether you have an iPhone or Android mobile, here we explain in detail how to change the WhatsApp ringtone easily and quickly.
On both iOS (iPhone) and Android, the process to change the WhatsApp ringtone is simple. It barely takes less than a minute and you can choose from numerous ringtones.
How to change WhatsApp ringtone?
WhatsApp allows you to change the ringtone through the same notifications section where you can change the message ringtone. Doing so is an easy thing to do, but the steps are somewhat different on iPhone and Android, so we start by explaining how to do it on iPhone.
- To change the ringtone on iPhone you have to go into the Settings section of the iPhone, not the application since the WhatsApp ringtone is the same as the one used by the mobile for phone calls and in general. This is thanks to the fact that iOS supports less customization in this regard (and in virtually all other areas of the system, compared to Android).
- Then you have to press on the Sounds and vibrations entry.
- Subsequently, you have to press on the Ringtone box. There you have to choose one among so many available ringtones.
Unlike the iPhone, on Android, you can change the WhatsApp ringtone through the app’s settings. In addition, you can choose a different ringtone than the one used by the mobile for phone calls, and the steps for this are as follows:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then a menu of options will be displayed. There you have to press Settings, to enter the settings section of the application.
- Now, then you have to press on the Notifications entry.
- To change the default WhatsApp ringtone, you have to look for the Calls section; there you have to press on Ringtone and choose one of many that are usually available from the system or some song that you have previously downloaded on your mobile. Here you can also change the ringtone of the groups and make the tones of the conversations, such as to receive and send, are activated to sound; you just have to activate this option through the first switch that appears in the Notifications section.
In these sections, both on iPhone and Android, if you want, you can also change the tones of the messages and adjust other sections such as vibration based on the types of notifications and more. You can also choose the color of the mobile notifications LED (only if this is RGB) and set the priority of notifications of messages from conversations and groups.