In our guide, we will explain what is YouTube Shorts, how does it work and what are the requirements to earn money for uploading short videos?
YouTube Shorts, TikTok’s direct competitor, will begin paying its content creators between $100 and $10,000.
YouTube Shorts, the section of the technology giant, began implementing a new strategy to attract more content creators to its platform. The social network will seek to recover the screen time it lost to TikTok, the popular app favored by young people, during the start of the pandemic in 2020. Find out here what it is, how it works, and much more about YouTube Shorts.
What is YouTube Shorts?
It is a platform integrated with YouTube, whose function allows you to create short videos, one minute long, with effects and music. YouTube Shorts was added to the original application in September 2020. However, it was not until July 2021 that it became available to all users worldwide.
How does YouTube Shorts work?
Follow the steps below to use YouTube Shorts:
- Log in to the YouTube application
- Click on the create button, located in the bottom menu
- Click on the Create Short option
- Choose the length of the video to be made
- To start recording, hold down the capture button and press the ready button when you are done.
- You can use the timeline tool to insert text and music.
- Finally, add a title for your video and press the upload button.
What are the requirements for YouTube Shorts to earn money?
- Content creators must be over 13 years old in the United States or be of legal age in their country.
- For youth between the ages of 13 and 18, their legal guardian must agree to YouTube’s terms and conditions and link an AdSense account to receive payments.
- Videos must comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines, as well as copyright rules and monetization policies.
- YouTube channels must have at least one eligible Short video in the last 180 days.
- Videos will be considered eligible if they are free of watermarks, logos from other social media platforms, non-original content, and copying.
In which countries is monetization on YouTube Shorts valid?
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- The United States.