Today we are going to show you how to delete hidden apps on iPhone. Probably you have dozens of apps on the home screen of your iPhone, but you barely use some of them. Why wouldn’t you have a more accessible home screen?
There’s a pretty useful way to hide apps, this way, they won’t appear on the home screen. Hiding apps was not possible in the previous versions, now we have the ability to do it.
How to delete hidden apps on iPhone?
In iOS 14.5 hiding apps is very easy thanks to a new feature called App Library. The last page of the desktop of your iPhone is now a drawer in which we can keep all the apps.
This means that we will always have all the apps intelligently organized in the App Library, so we can hide them from the home page of our iPhone without uninstalling them. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the icon of the app you want to hide.
- Now click on Delete app.
- A new window will appear.
- Click on Remove from home screen.
- The app icon will disappear from your iPhone screen.
The app is now hidden, but you can still access it. Swipe down to the last page on the right to enter the App Library and there you can find the hidden apps.
Another option iOS 14.5 has for hiding apps on the iPhone is to hide the entire screen, here’s how you can do it:
- Press and hold your finger onto a blank spot on the home screen.
- Press on the dots on the home screen pages.
- You will see every home screen with apps.
- Under each one, there’s a circle that we can mark or unmark.
- The pages that are not marked will be hidden.
- To finish just press OK at the top right.
How to show hidden apps again on iPhone?
If you want to reach those hidden apps, follow these steps:
- Enter the App Library by swiping all the way to the right on your iPhone.
- Find the app you want to add to the home screen.
- Press and hold the icon.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- The app icon will return and you can use it as usual.
How to hide apps on iPad, iOS 13 and iOS 12?
Unfortunately, on iPadOS we do not have the ability to hide applications, there is no App Library.
And the same thing happens with the previous versions, we have no way to hide the icons of apps installed on iOS 13 or iOS 12. The only little trick that you can use is to create a folder with all the apps that you do not want to see.
How to permanently delete an app from iPhone or iPad?
Before we finish, if you want to permanently remove an application from your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Hold down the icon of the app you want to hide.
- Now click on the Delete app.
- The app will be uninstalled from your iPhone or iPad.
As you can see, the process is really simple. Why don’t you try it out now?