There’s a way for you to try the latest version of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 on your iPhone and iPad, so we will tell you how to install them right now…
Apple unveiled its new operating system versions at WWDC 2021 on June 7. In addition to witnessing the presentation of macOS Monterey, we also saw those of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. These new updates will arrive in some countries in the coming months, but you can try them if you want right now.
Apple has released its first developer betas so that developers can test this system and start working with these updates to adapt their applications. This gives us the clue that this software is not stable, which means that it is not suitable for daily use.
This does not mean that we cannot install it. We show you the procedure to be able to install iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad, although keep in mind that these betas can cause loss of information and that they are intended for development, so we recommend that you install these betas on devices that you do not use daily.
iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 supported devices
First, we have to give a list of supported devices. Fortunately, the list is quite extensive so virtually any relatively modern iPhone or iPad will be able to run this new software. The oldest Apple phone that will be able to enjoy iOS 15 will be the iPhone 6s.
- iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
- iPhone SE 1st and 2nd Generation
- iPhone 7 / 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR / iPhone Xs / iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 / iPhone 12 Pro / iPhone 12 Pro Max / iPhone 12 Mini
- iPod Touch (7th Generation)
- iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch: 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Gen.
- 11-inch: 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Gen.
- 10.5-inch and 9.7-inch
- iPad 8th, 7th, 6th, and 5th Gen.
- iPad Mini 4 and 5th Generation
- iPad Air 2, 3rd, and 4th Gen.
How to install iOS 15 on your iPhone and iPadOS 15 on your iPad right now?
As with iOS 14, we will need to download a profile that will allow us to access the beta. If you are an Apple developer, this profile can be officially downloaded from this link. Otherwise, we will have to rely on third-party websites to download these profiles. They are secure.
Both systems use the same steps, so you will have to follow them on both iPhone and iPad:
- Open Safari, and download this profile from this link. It is necessary to use Apple’s browser.
- It will ask us if we want to download this profile and we will have to accept.
- Go to Settings, and go to Profiles. We look for the iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 profile that we have downloaded.
- We install the profile by tapping on it, wait for it to finish, and reboot the device.
- On reboot, we go to Settings again and go to Software Update. Download the beta, and wait for the installation to finish.
On the other hand, we recommend you wait for the public beta that Apple will launch in the following months. These, in addition to improving performance and bugs, could include improvements that will be added in later developer betas.