Today we are going to show you how to add borders in Excel. When you create a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with a large number of columns, it can be difficult to compare data from widely spaced columns because you must scroll to see the data, and you cannot see both columns at the same time.
For this reason, Excel allows you to make a fixed column. You can freeze a column in Excel to prevent it from moving. After freezing the column, it will be still visible on the screen as you scroll horizontally through the spreadsheet.
How to add borders in Excel?
You just need to follow a series of steps to add borders in an Excel document. Let’s get started:
- Start Excel and open the spreadsheet in which you want to add a border. Click on the letter at the top of the column to the right of the one you want to freeze.
- Click on the “View” tab at the top of the screen.
- Click “Pin Panels” in the “Window” toolbar, then click “Pin Panels”. A dark vertical line appears on the spreadsheet.
- Drag the slider at the bottom of the window to the left or right. These cells to the left of the vertical line will not move.
- Click “Freeze”, and then click “Move” to make the column move again.
This way, you’ve learned how to add borders in Excel, as you can see it is not a hard process. Why don’t you try it out right now?