Today we will tell you how to use WhatsApp on the computer without phone. The answer is WhatsApp Web multi-device mode. It will free you from your smartphone.
Finally! One of the features that WhatsApp users have most requested is now available, we are talking about being able to use WhatsApp on the computer without having to be tied to the mobile. A feature that other instant messaging apps like Telegram already have for a long time, and it seemed a bit absurd that the most popular messaging app worldwide did not have it.
The new WhatsApp multi-device feature is already among us, and it has arrived with important features since it is not just about using WhatsApp Web without the mobile, but now you can open simultaneous assignments on 4 different devices. And although it arrived with some limitations and at the moment is only available to WhatsApp beta users, there is no doubt that it is a feature worth trying, so here we will explain how to use WhatsApp Web with the mobile off or without Internet.
How does WhatsApp multi-device work?
Basically what WhatsApp has done is to allow you to keep the session open on 4 different devices without the need to have the mobile connected to the Internet. Undoubtedly this new version brings two important benefits for WhatsApp users, the first is that previously, you could only open WhatsApp Web on a computer or browser, because if you tried to open a second assignment, the first one was automatically closed, and now it is not.
The second benefit, and perhaps the most important, is that you do not depend on the mobile to use WhatsApp, you only need it to scan the QR code to open the session the first time and ready, you can turn off the mobile or remove the Internet and your WhatsApp will continue to work without problems.
WhatsApp limitations in multi-device
As we said earlier, WhatsApp’s multi-device feature has some limitations that you should know before you start using it. In addition, you must understand that it is a feature that is in a testing period, so, likely, some things will not work quite right.
- You cannot send messages or call contacts using a very outdated version of WhatsApp on their cell phones from a linked device.
- WhatsApp Business users cannot edit their company name or labels from WhatsApp Web or Desktop.
- You cannot pin chats on WhatsApp Web or Desktop.
- If you do not use WhatsApp for more than 14 days, all linked devices will automatically be disconnected.
- You cannot view or reset group invitations or join groups from WhatsApp Web or Desktop. To do so, you must use your mobile device.
- You cannot call from WhatsApp Web or Desktop to linked devices that are not using the multi-device beta.
- You cannot see real-time location on linked devices.
How to use WhatsApp on the computer without phone?
Although eventually, this feature will be available to all WhatsApp users, the only way to use it, for now, is by being part of the WhatsApp beta program. To activate it you must do the following:
- Log in to WhatsApp from your mobile
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right side of the screen
- Select the option Linked devices
- There you will see the option to link a device, but below, you will have a text where it explains a little about the beta version for several devices, press on this text.
- Now you will see a better explanation about this new feature, and below you will see a button that says Join beta version, press it.
- Now you belong to this version and the only thing you have to do is to link your device in the previous window, just as you did before.
Once you have done these simple steps, you can forget about your mobile having Internet. If at any time you want to stop using this feature, just go to Linked devices and click on Beta version for devices and then on Exit beta version.