Today we are going to show you how to get Mega Altaria in Pokémon Go. Although it has been almost five years since it was first released, Pokémon GO continues to grow and gain new players. This game is constantly evolving and is gradually adding new features for users to continue getting these fun creatures. Recently they have announced a very interesting Pokémon: Mega Altaria.
This creature is very popular since we can only get it for a certain time.
Features of Mega Altaria
This Pokémon is a very strange creature. It is of dragon/fairy type, so it will be weak against fairy, ice, poison, and steel type moves. It has 222 attack points, 218 defense and 181 health. As of today, it is the only dragon-type Pokémon in the entire game that resists dragon-type attacks. It may be weaker than other mega evolutions of this type, but defeating them can become a complicated task.
On the other hand, it is quite resistant to the dragon, bug, fighting, water, plant, electric, sinister and fire Pokémon, so we must choose our teams correctly when facing it. Its moves are very varied, Moon Force is the most powerful one. He can also appear with Magic Shine and Dragon Pulse, both of them with a fairly high level of damage.
He was first announced and introduced at the May Community Day event, which started on the 15th at 11:00 CEST. During the event, Swablu, Altaria’s pre-evolution, appeared more frequently in the wild for six hours, in order to capture as many as possible to get our hands on the evolution more easily. In addition, some lucky ones were able to capture them with Lunar Force.
It must be said that to evolve it, we must have mega energy. This can be obtained in mega raids and research tasks. We must use 200 of this element in our Altaria to be able to get its mega evolution, so we must complete several mega raids. The faster we defeat it, the more we get. When we register it in the Pokédex, we will only need 40 of this element.
Best counters or attacks to defeat Mega Altaria in Pokémon GO
The ideal way to get hold of this type of creature is to use shadow Pokémon. As you may already know, this is one of the most interesting mechanics that have been added later in the game. Basically, they are companions of the members of Team Rocket GO that appear next to the PokéStops, and they have enhanced parameters that they won’t lose when you return them to their original form. Even so, the truth is that it is complicated to obtain these creatures, but if we can get hold of some, they will be the best option.
We are going to give you some of the best options to kill Mega Altaria in the raids. Keep in mind that some of them are also mega evolutions:
- Mega Gengar: the mega-evolution of this famous first-generation Pokémon is probably the best poison-type option. If you have its shadow form and apply its special attacks Lick and Sludge Bomb, you can do a lot of damage to your target.
- Metagross: if you can get hold of its shadow version, it will be a really scary option. This steel-type creature from the third generation has really strong attacks such as Bullet Fist and Meteor Fist, which will take away a lot of Mega Altaria’s health.
- Mega Beedrill: Beedrill’s mega evolution can also be a great option for performing poison-type attacks. Harmful Puja and Sludge Bomb will be very effective. Be careful, though, as our opponent is very effective against bug-type Pokémon.
- Dialga: this legendary Pokémon is one of the most amazing of the whole saga. Introduced in the fourth generation, it is a Steel and Dragon type, so it can be lethal when defending and attacking. Using Metal Claw and Iron Head, we can easily kill our opponent.
- Jirachi: this is one of the most special and famous legendary creatures in the whole Pokémon universe. Steel/fada type and introduced in the third generation, it is really powerful with great moves such as Confusion and Fatal Desire.
- Gardevoir: introduced in the third generation, this psychic/fada-type creature is one of the best choices, as it has very powerful moves, as well as a good amount of health. Use Charm and Magic Shine to annihilate Mega Altaria.
- Darmanitan (Galar form): although its initial version is fire-type, this curious but powerful Pokémon can be fearsome thanks to its ice-type moves. We can use Ice Fang and Avalanche, and they will be really effective.
- Mamoswine: Piloswine’s evolution also appeared in the fourth generation. You should use it in the early stages, as it doesn’t have a lot of health. You can use Dust Snow and Avalanche, ice-type moves that can cause serious damage.
- Mega Abomasnow: this Pokémon of the fourth generation has a somewhat strange type combination, since it is an ice-type and a plant-type Pokémon. Be that as it may, its strong moves Dust Snow and Meteorobola can easily finish off the raid’s boss.
- Excadrill: a very interesting creature that appeared in the fifth generation. Of earth and steel type, it has such powerful moves as Metal Claw and Iron Head.
- Genesect: a really strong bug and steel-type Pokémon. It was introduced in the fifth generation, and has such powerful attacks as Metal Claw and Magnet Bomb. Like Mega Beedrill, you will have to watch out for Mega Altaria’s attacks.