Amazon Prime Day continues to be one of the most desired annual events, especially for Amazon Prime customers. It is the biggest moment of exclusive discounts for the shopping community and it is celebrated worldwide.
Year after year there have been many stores that have joined Amazon to try to snatch part of the cake. It is well known that Amazon holds Prime Day once a year, so the rest of the stores take advantage of the pull of this time of offers to offer similar discounts, sometimes more succulent, and thus distribute the wealth of these days.
When is Amazon Prime Day this year?
During this 2021 Amazon Prime Day will take place on June 21 and 22. Specifically from 0:00 am on the morning of the 21st (evening of the 20th) until 11:59 pm on the evening of the 22nd. 48 hours in which Amazon will propose offers of all kinds in all categories already existing and to be.
Although this period of Prime offers is celebrated worldwide, due to the recent increase in the incidence of COVID-19, Amazon has postponed Prime Day in countries such as Canada or India to a later date.
What offers will there be and how long will they last
Every year that passes Amazon presents a Prime Day increasingly loaded with offers in all categories, from cell phones to pet supplies, through baby clothes, sunglasses, laptops, action cameras, or Echo, Kindle, and Fire TV devices, among many others.
As in every edition, Amazon will propose 2 types of offers:
- Flash: Those offers that will last between 6 and 12 hours. Here you can find all kinds of discounts and products. But you will have to hurry because in a few hours they will be sold out, and even some will last less because their stock will be limited.
- Highlights: Those with a duration of 24 to 48 hours. These are usually Amazon’s own devices (Echo, Kindle, Fire TV, Ring, eero, AmazonBasics, etc.).
Why Amazon Prime Day is celebrated?
The first time we are aware of Prime Day was the summer of 2015 when Amazon was celebrating 20 years since its inception. Yes, it’s very recent, but it has become in just a few years a very prominent bargain period for any shopper who lends themselves. Prime Day has changed throughout its history, not very drastic either, but determinant for what we live today.
Prime Day has gone from selling more than 34.4 million products (398 per second) in 2015 to 175 million in 2019, and bill a total of more than $3.5 billion in 2020.
Initially, Amazon proposed a single day of deep discounts. Due to the great success, it did not take long to extend Prime Day to two days in subsequent years. It is not surprising that in the coming year’s Amazon will opt to extend these dates to a week as it did with Black Friday.
Is Prime Day exclusive to Amazon?
Since it was held for the first time in 2015, Amazon’s Prime Day has had imitators all over the web. As happened with Black Friday, which went from being the last Friday in November to being held throughout the week or the following weekend, in addition to reaching physical stores of any surface and category, Prime Day is on its way to becoming popular among other businesses.
Currently, few online stores have joined “in their way” to Prime Day. AliExpress proposed ‘Amazing Day’ in 2020 and ‘Prime Time’ in 2019. Others, such as Gearbest, did not cut a hair to call their day of offers ‘Prime Day’ and extend it for a week coinciding with that of Amazon and AliExpress.
Undoubtedly Prime Day is raising the number of dates of great annual discounts in the rest of the stores, and that is beneficial for the user who will see how, over time, will have more opportunities to buy at low prices than at their usual price.
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
As simple as being an Amazon Prime user to be eligible for all the discounts offered these next few days. To subscribe to Amazon Prime you just have to enter the registration page, enter your personal and bank details, and enjoy what it entails.
The price of Amazon Prime is $12.99/month or $119/year. I prefer to pay the annual fee because you save 2 months of subscription. Anyway, you have a 30-day trial. Although there are often promotions of 3 free months of Amazon Prime for students.
Amazon Prime also has a version dedicated to college students, where the fee is reduced by 50%. Thus, it is a single annual payment of $59, a bargain for everything it offers.
What are the advantages of being an Amazon Prime user?
Many. Amazon Prime emerged back in 2005 to have a deference to the most loyal users to Jeff Bezos’ online store. In addition, since 2019 a great improvement in the subscription was introduced with the inclusion of free 1-day shipping for this type of subscriber.
More than 150 million people are Prime worldwide as of today, and this says a lot about how Amazon has managed to attract the masses based on great advantages. Being Amazon Prime is worth it, and it’s not as much money as some might think. $119 a year is nothing compared to everything Amazon has to offer.
Amazon’s membership service improves every year and its benefits for the user are almost infinite. But we are going to tell you about 12 advantages that you could benefit from if you subscribe to Amazon Prime today:
- Insured, fast, and free shipping: this is undoubtedly one of the biggest advantages of being this type of user. Having your purchase in 24 hours (or sometimes in less time), for free and insured by the company is a considerable saving if we make several purchases in a single month. You may pay off your annual fee in as little as one month’s shipping.
- Prime Video: This video-on-demand service from Amazon has been climbing positions in recent years and approaching the almighty Netflix by leaps and bounds. Both for the quality of its content and its great variety, Amazon Prime Video is positioning itself at the top in the last five years. Hundreds of series and movies produced in-house (Amazon Studios) and thousands of other external productions make up the Prime Video catalog. In addition, they have added pay-on-demand services such as rental/purchase of recently released movies in theaters (Disney+ or Movistar+ already did this), or exclusive content in outstanding sections such as StarzPlay, MGM, Mezzo, OUT TV, TVCortos, MUBI, or Noggin by Nick Jr. among others.
- Prime Reading: Those who have an e-reader, such as a Kindle, will know about this advantage for a fact. It is a service in which you will have thousands of eBooks on Amazon free of charge. You can have up to 10 complete titles in your library to read at your own pace. Then, if you want to have millions and millions of books for free, you will have to sign up for the Kindle Unlimited service for $9.99 a month or taking advantage of any available offer.
- Prime Music: Being Prime also has musical advantages, because with your subscription you can listen to up to 2 million songs for free in MP3 quality up to 320 Kbps. If you want to listen to more than 70 million songs, Amazon offers the Music Unlimited + Music HD service with which, for $7.99/month you can have this entire catalog with the playback quality of up to 1.4 Mbps. Almost every month you can benefit from a Music Unlimited offer with a crazy discount.
- Prime Gaming: With the recent explosion of the live streaming platform Twitch (owned by Amazon), many users have been able to subscribe to one of the favorite streamers per month thanks to being Amazon Prime. With your Prime subscription, in addition to supporting a certain streamer per month, you can take advantage of exclusive content every month for computer games.
- Amazon family: If you are on your way to becoming a mother/father, Amazon also offers you a 15% discount on products such as diapers, baby food, or coupons to get discounts on products for the little ones at home.
- Prime Now: This is a recently implemented service that is only available in some large cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia. Eventually, we will see it in more cities, that’s for sure. It is a service for buying fresh products that you will receive at home in a maximum of 2 hours. The schedules, for the moment, vary from one city to another; while in Madrid deliveries are made 7 days a week from 8:00 to 0:00, in Barcelona it is only from Monday to Saturday from 8:00 to 0:00 and Sundays from 10:00 to 22:00, and in Valencia, deliveries are made from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 to 22:00. This will evolve as more users use such a convenient service.
- Prime Photos: There are services such as Google Photos or iCloud to store personal photos and videos with a monthly cost and a limit of space in the cloud. Amazon Photos allows you to upload your photos for free (included in the $119/year Prime fee) and is accessible from any device. This service includes a 5 GB section called Amazon Drive, to upload any type of file, apart from photos. You have an Amazon Photos application on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android and it is very easy to use.
- Amazon Student: As mentioned above, you can subscribe for only $59/year if you are a student. to do so, you just need to present Amazon with your valid university ID. This way, you will have all the advantages that we are listing, without reduction. Not only will you have an annual fee of 50%, but you also have active promotions such as 10% on clothing or 5% on Tiger music products.
- Amazon Fresh: Only available for users living in the city of Madrid. This service offers the delivery of more than 10,000 fresh and frozen products such as meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, or dairy products, and others such as snacks, beauty products, toys, and stationery, with fast delivery to your home.
- Exclusive offers: Only Prime Day is a great day to be a Prime user because every day Amazon offers deals and these users can benefit from their purchase or reservation 30 minutes in advance compared to a non-Prime customer.
- Prime Day: This is not one of the outstanding advantages, but undoubtedly, a day (or two) of offers that are offered only and exclusively if you are a Prime customer is to highlight that you want to subscribe today for that low annual cost.
- Extra – Amazon Locker: In some cities, any Amazon buyer (whether Prime or not) will be able to benefit from pickups at Amazon Locker locations. These are Amazon-colored booths located in remote places such as shopping malls or gas stations where the delivery person will leave your order (of modest dimensions) and you will only have to go to pick it up using a 6-digit code provided at the time of purchase. This is more intended for those people who are not at home for work reasons and require a safe place to pick up their orders once they have time to do so.
You can become Amazon Prime 30 or 90 days free and get a taste of what it’s like to have so many benefits. Try it today, and take advantage of all the services. The subscription can be revoked at any time during the year and you will receive a refund for the unused portion of your annual subscription.
Tips for Amazon Prime Day
As in every season of offers, stores take advantage of the naivety of much of the population to modify prices in advance and thus be able to show a much greater discount during Prime Day. And Amazon was not going to be less, unfortunately.
However, you can keep track of many products on reference websites such as CamelCamelCamel, the Keepa plugin, help you from Google Shopping or opt for a tool like Amazon Assistant, an extension for your browser that will help you find the best deals each day of Prime Day (or any time of the year), as well as discover new products that are added to Amazon.
We recommend you take advantage of the 30 free days of Amazon Prime during Prime Day, this way you won’t have to pay anything for your subscription and you will have all the advantages described above.
The CamelCamelCamel website tracks the price history of the entire Amazon product database and you only have to search with the URL of the product in question or the ASIN (code of each product in the format BXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX). In a matter of milliseconds, it will show you a graph with the evolution of the price of that product and you will know if during Prime Day it is at its lowest price or a good price.
Similarly, Amazon has a wish list that you can fill in during the days or months before Prime Day and that will alert you if any of those products drop in price immediately. This is very useful if you have clear ideas and have been wanting to buy a series of items at a certain price for some time.
When you are inside the page of a particular product, you can display from the extension a price history of the product in question. It is very easy to use. Amazon Assistant is not wrong. Of course, its tracker will only show you the history of the last 30 days.
Keepa is another web tool that will help us to monitor prices and their history for each product. It is a browser plugin, available in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox. It works similarly to CamelCamelCamel, showing, in the same way, a graph with the evolution of the price. In this case, we will not have to go to another website to see this data, but from the same page of each product.
If what we want is not whether the price is a historic low, but we want to compare it with other online stores, this Google tool interests you. It is as simple as doing a Google search for the product in question (the exact model will help) and choose the “Shopping” tab so that Google shows us a list of stores where it is available and at the price it is.
At a glance we will be able to see, both if Amazon offers the best price and which online store has the highest/lowest price. Similarly, we must be careful and not be fooled by the price, because in many stores you would have to add shipping costs, something that is Prime and from Amazon should not worry you.
What offers can we expect on Prime Day?
Although Amazon offers great discounts daily in all categories, always reserves the best for dates like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Prime Day among other times of more recognized offers.
In this sense, we have a lot of exclusive Amazon Prime offers active, which we present below:
- Music Unlimited 4 months free: Until June 22 you can take advantage of this offer with which you will have more than 70 songs in HD quality with Amazon Music HD. You will have 3 months free if you are not a Prime user yet. In addition, if you buy an Amazon Echo on this date, you will have 6 months of Music Unlimited for free.
- Kindle Unlimited: With this service, you will have millions of eBooks free for 30 days. You will be able to cancel at any time before the first monthly fee is charged.
- Prime Student: Take advantage of the opportunity that Amazon gives you to enjoy all services for free for 3 months. In addition, its subsequent price will be only $59/year.
- Audible: The fastest-growing audiobook and podcast service today will be yours free for the first 30 days, or 3 months if you are already an Amazon Prime customer.
- Prime Video: Discover new series and movies, as well as documentaries on Prime Video, a service that every day is closer to Netflix in quality and quantity of content. You have a 30-day free trial or, if you are a Prime customer, the service is included in your annual fee.
- Echo Dot 4: The best-selling smart speaker of the year lowers its price.
- Echo 4 + bulb: This speaker is powerful, has quality, and comes with a gift.
- Echo Dot 3: The third version of this speaker also has its lovers and at this price more.
- Echo Spot: A smart screen of tiny dimensions, alarm clock, and speaker for everyone.
- IP cameras and video door phones: Home security from Amazon is much better.
- Smart Home: Enjoy lighting, plugs, garden, security, locks, entertainment, networking, cooking, cleaning, and smart home weather with Amazon devices.
Take advantage of Prime Day and its 48 hours of offers
Follow our tips and you’ll be able to make the purchases you’ve been looking forward to for so long. Choose well, use the right tools that we have shown you, and enjoy. Remember that you can unsubscribe from the Amazon Prime service whenever you want, even before the end of your 30-day free trial period.
We are waiting for you in Andro4all with the best deals of the day, either during Prime or any day of the year. The best prices on the market and the most curious technology from stores like Amazon, AliExpress, Banggood, El Corte Inglés, and many more, you will only have them in Andro4all, as always.