If you don’t know how to delete or deactivate a Facebook account from the mobile app, we are going to help you out.
The social network offers two options to us when we decide that we don’t want to use our account anymore. We can permanently delete our account or deactivate it to be able to use it later. If we choose the latter, no one will be able to see our share history whatsoever but we will be able to activate our account later and have our posts back.
How to delete or deactivate a Facebook account from the mobile app?
As we have said, Facebook offers us two options when deleting the account from our smartphone.
Remember, the method is virtually identical on all platforms so the steps are essentially the same. Follow these steps:
- We open the Facebook app and go to the top-right menu to display the options.
- Once the options are open, we go down through them until we find the ‘Settings and Privacy‘ section, and we enter.
- The first option is ‘Settings‘ and we enter that section.
- Go to “Your Facebook Information.”
- Choose “Deactivate Account,” then click “Continue to Account Deactivation.”
From this point, Facebook forces us to decide what we want to do with our account and as we mentioned earlier, we can choose to delete it forever or we can choose to deactivate. In both cases, the process will be more or less similar.
Facebook will warn us about what happens to our account if we delete and deactivate it (as our pages will also disappear), and we will have to confirm that our decision is correct. After several more steps confirming that our wish is correct, it will proceed to notify us that our account has been deactivated or deleted.