If you don’t know how to set up a VPN on iPhone, we are going to help you out. That VPN will help you hide while browsing, bypass certain restrictions and even improve the security of your network.
Before explaining the tutorial, we would like to warn you that there are some risks when you are connecting to a VPN. It is important to choose a known and secure service.
How to set up a VPN on iPhone?
The first thing we are going to learn is how to connect to a VPN manually. To do this, we need to open the iOS settings and go to the ‘general’ section. Within this section, you will see a section dedicated to VPNs.
You will see the ‘Add VPN configuration’ button if this is the first time you are going to configure one. Clicking here will open the VPN configuration settings.
- Type: Type of server you want to use. This is consulted in your VPN information. You will find from PPTP to L2TP/IPSec and IPSec in different configurations.
- Description: You can enter any description you want for the VPN.
- Server: This is the address of the VPN to which you are going to connect. It can be either an IP address or a domain name.
- Remote ID: Identifier to be provided by the VPN.
- User authentication: Method for logging in, such as username.
- Username: Your account username, required to identify you to the VPN service.
- Password: Password for your VPN service account.
The easiest way to install a VPN on iOS is to directly download the app on your mobile phone. When we connect to it, it will directly install the VPN configuration, without us having to do anything (you need to enter the password to allow this setting to be configured.
Regardless of the application you choose for your VPN, the process will be the same. Once the VPN profile has been automatically configured, you will only have to connect from the app, and no further configuration will be necessary.