Right now your Google account is probably the most important account because you probably use it on multiple platforms.
If you are using Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Play, Youtube, among other products, you should make sure there are no problems whatsoever when you are trying to access your account.
Solution: Can’t access a Google Account
If you forgot your password
Reset your password:
- Follow the steps to recover your Google Account or Gmail.
- The platform will ask you some questions to confirm identitiy.
- If you have problems, try the suggestions to complete the account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password that you have not used before with this account.
If you forgot your Google username or the email address
To find your Google Account username:
- Follow the steps to identify your account. You must have the following information:
- A phone number or the recovery email address for the account.
- The full name that appears on your account
- Follow the steps to confirm that it is your account.
- If you entered a phone number, enter the code that was sent to that phone:
- If you entered a recovery address, look for a Google email in the inbox for that address.
- Enter the code from the email.
- You will see a list of matching usernames.
- If you don’t see your username
- Try using other phone numbers or recovery email addresses you may have used.
- You may have typed your username incorrectly when you created the account. Check if the username you want is still available.
- You may not have a Google Account. Create one.
If you know your username and password but you can’t sign in
If you turned on two-step verification and are trying to sign in to your Google Account through a device, mobile app, or desktop app, you’ll need to enter an Application Password.
You must create a different Application Password for each device or app you want to use with your Google Account.
If you are having trouble using an app password on your phone, follow these steps:
- In your phone’s browser, go to https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha.
- Enter your username and password, then type the letters that appear on the screen.
- Return to the app you are trying to access and enter your App Password.
If you cannot access from a third-party service
You may be blocked from accessing your Platform Account with some services or programs when your identity cannot be verified.
You may be prevented from accessing your Google Account in the following cases:
- The service you are trying to sign in from does not provide enough information to verify your identity.
- You’re trying to sign in from a new location or device.
- Use a trusted location or device
- You may be prevented from signing in if the device you are using or the location you are trying to sign in from is new. Please try again from a device or location that you use frequently.
- Sign in to your Google Account on the new device and try again the following week.
- Update the app
- If you’re trying to sign in to your Google Account from an app, make sure you’re using the latest version, which may use a more secure sign-in technology.