Oculus has broadcast the first edition of the Oculus Gaming Showcase, a digital event of about 25 minutes that has served to present 12 virtual reality games in development for the Quest and Rift platforms. The Facebook subsidiary has used the broadcast to highlight that its virtual reality devices have present and future within the gaming sector, a bet that also includes the purchase of studios such as Sanzaru Games, Ready at Dawn Studios, and Beat Games.
Oculus showcases 12 virtual reality games
Of the dozen games presented during the Oculus Gaming Showcase, Resident Evil 4, whose version for Oculus Quest 2 will be available this year, stands out for its name and age. Thanks to virtual reality it will be possible to play in the first person and use touch controls to interact with the world in a new way. Weapons and items have been redesigned and it will be possible to use them separately in each hand. There is also support for teleportation and the option to play standing, sitting, and room-scale.
Vertigo Games, responsible for Arizona Sunshine, have shown a new gameplay trailer of After the Fall. This is a first-person cooperative shooter where a group of four players must survive in a post-apocalyptic world full of mutant undead. The action of the title is set in the city of Los Angeles in ruins and set in 1980. After the Fall will also be available on SteamVR and is expected to be released in the summer.
Developed by Ready at Dawn Studios, Lone Echo II brings back the characters of Jack and Liv, who must return to the rings of Saturn in the 26th century to solve a series of mysteries in an abandoned space station that hides the key to return home. Players will once again encounter weightless scenarios, puzzles, and a new opportunity to explore the bond between Jack and Liv. Lone Echo II will be available this summer for Rift and Quest.
Here’s a quick rundown of the rest of the games shown during the Oculus Gaming Showcase. All should be available this year.
- Pistol Whip. Smoke & Thunder: Expansion of the rhythm action game with a campaign set in the Wild West.
- Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge Part II: Adds two new stories with protagonists such as Dok-Ondar, of which only an image has been shown.
The next part of your adventure awaits in #StarWarsTales from the Galaxy’s Edge – Part II, coming later this year from @ILMxLAB. See familiar and new faces alike, like Dok-Ondar from the Den of Antiquities. https://t.co/NHYW0xuQh1 pic.twitter.com/ZBAj5yqZ94
— Oculus (@oculus) April 21, 2021
- Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sister: Last Bastion update released, including a new cooperative multiplayer mode.
- Star Wars Pinball VR: Available April 29th on Quest, PlayStation VR, and SteamVR.
- I Expect You To Die 2: Sequel to the puzzle game starring an elite secret agent.
- Carve Snowboarding: Title developed by Giles Goddard, responsible for 1080° Snowboarding (Nintendo 64).
- Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife: Horror and exploration game now available for Quest and Rift.
- Climb 2: Presented the Freestyle Expansion Pack that will add a total of 12 levels divided into two installments.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: The Aftershock free update to be available on May 20 announced.