If you don’t know how to update Google Chrome on Android, we are going to help you out. The applications installed on your smartphone regularly receive updates to introduce new tools and security improvements from their developers. One of the apps you should always keep updated is Google Chrome, the most popular web browser for Android.
Google is constantly working on this application, so it is important that you know how to update Google Chrome and how to always keep the browser up to date. In addition to explaining all this, at the end of the article, we will see why it is so important to keep Google Chrome updated on your mobile phone.
How to update Google Chrome on Android?
Updating Google Chrome for Android is a simple process that you can do directly from the Google Play Store. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Open the side menu by swiping from left to right on the screen or by clicking on the three horizontal lines button in the upper left corner.
- In the options menu that pops up, click on “My apps and games”.
- Within the “Updates” or “Installed” sections, look for Google Chrome and click on the “Update” button that appears on the right. After a few seconds of waiting, the application will be updated.
Another method to update Google Chrome on Android is to use alternative stores to Google Play Store, such as APKMirror. Simply go to the Google Chrome page on APKMirror and manually download and install the latest version of the application. This way, you will already have the latest Google Chrome updates on your Android smartphone or tablet.
How to keep Google Chrome for Android always up to date?
Manually update Google Chrome does not involve any work, because it takes just a few seconds, but it is better to have the application updated automatically. This way you will now be worried about looking if new versions of the app have arrived or not from time to time. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android.
- Use the browser to enter the Google Chrome home page in the store.
- Click on the three-dot button in the upper right corner.
- Check the “Automatically update” checkbox in the drop-down options menu.
This way, the Google Chrome app on your device will download and install the latest available updates automatically.
Why it is important to keep Google Chrome up to date?
Keeping Google Chrome up to date on your Android is important, first of all, to be able to use the new features introduced by Google. Having the latest available version of Google Chrome is also important for performance issues, as using older versions can affect the performance of the browser.
Finally, keeping Google Chrome updated is necessary for security reasons. If you have an outdated version of the browser on your mobile phone, it is more vulnerable to possible cyberattacks that steal your personal information.