If you don’t know How to show screen refresh rate in real-time on Android, we are going to help you out. With the arrival of gaming smartphones, we are seeing the arrival of new forms of cooling systems, specific software modes to get the best gaming experience. There are even triggers located onto the phone on some models.
And of course, we are witnessing an escalation in terms of the refresh rate of smartphone screens. Now we’ll show you how to check, in real-time, the screen refresh rate of your Android smartphone.
How to show screen refresh rate in real-time on Android?
The refresh rate of a smartphone specifies the number of times the screen turns on and off to show you the images you see on it. Each time the screen turns on and off is called a ‘hertz’, so a 60Hz panel turns off and on 60 times every second.
The higher the refresh rate, the more fluid we see the image on the screen, especially when there are complex animations, so we are going to show you a simple tutorial so you can check the screen refresh rate in real-time, and thus check, incidentally, how your phone behaves in front of apps and games in case of having a dynamic frequency.
In order to activate this refresh rate in real-time, we have to go to the developer options of the smartphone:
- We go to the ‘Settings‘ of the phone.
- Within ‘Settings’, go to ‘Phone Info’ at the bottom.
- Now find ‘Build number’ and click on it ten times in a row.
- This way we have activated the ‘Developer options’
These developer options are hidden on Android phones, hence we have to enable them before we can access them. After you activate the developer options follow this process:
- We go to the ‘Settings’ of the phone again.
- Go to ‘System’
- Inside, we find the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- We enter the ‘Developer options’
- We look for the ‘Debugging’ section and then ‘Show update frequency’.
- We activate the switch and we see that the screen displays an overlay number indicating the real-time refresh rate.
As you can see the process is really simple, why don’t you try it out now?