If you want to remove your Google account from an Android smartphone and don’t know how to do it, we are going to help you out in this guide. On Android smartphones, you can register several Google accounts.
This way you can use different Gmail accounts at the same time in addition to custom app catalogs. If you need to delete a specific one; or remove the main account from the smartphone. It’s very simple, just follow our tutorial.
Smartphones make it possible to combine different environments, both professional and personal, in the same space. For example, we can carry two phone numbers on them thanks to dual SIM mobiles, as well as register several accounts on them: this way we can take advantage of their power and versatility to a greater extent.
Don’t forget to backup
By default, Android saves data related to your Google account by default. Even though, the safest way is to create a backup beforehand. You should make sure that nothing is lost along the way. Let’s see how to remove the account now.
How to remove a Google account from an Android smartphone?
The process is really simple, you just need to follow some steps:
- Access the settings of your Android and go inside the ‘Accounts’ section. Depending on the phone the specific message may vary (in Samsung the section is called ‘Cloud and accounts’, for example.
- Your Android will have a list of all the accounts registered in the different applications.
- Find the specific account you want to remove.
- Once you are in the menu, go to the sync section and make sure that all the services you are interested in are connected and up to date. This way you won’t lose any important data.
- Go back to ‘Delete account’ (or ‘Remove account’) and confirm the process.
From that moment the Google account will no longer exist on your Android. In case you had registered more accounts, you can delete them one by one.
If there are no Google accounts registered on your device, you will not be able to use most of the Google services. So make sure you have one.