Today we’ve learned that OnePlus Nord is finally receiving the Android 11 update with Oxygen OS 11 UI.
Chinese manufacturer OnePlus, which is part of the BBK Electronics group that also includes Vivo and OPPO, is launching the first stable version of Oxygen OS 11, based on Android 11, for the OnePlus Nord.
OnePlus Nord is officially receiving Android 11 update
After receiving two beta versions of Oxygen OS 11 in the months of January and February, now the Chinese manufacturer’s franchise terminal in the mid-range is already starting to receive the first stable version of this user interface, which is based on Android 11.
This 2910MB update has several new features:
- Upgrade to Android 11 version.
- New UI design gives you a more comfortable experience with several optimizations for details.
- Stability optimization for some third-party apps and improved user experience.
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a design created in collaboration with Parsons School of Design and that will change according to the phone usage data. To access it we must go to: Settings > Personalization > Clock on the ambient screen.
- The always-on canvas screen has been added, which can extract the outline of the subject from any photo and display it on the lock screen. To use it we need to go to: Settings > Personalization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview.
- Dark mode
- A shortcut icon has been included to activate the dark mode, which will be available in the quick access menu in the notifications panel.
- It is now possible to automatically activate this dark mode and customize the time interval. To do this we must go to: Settings > Display > Dark mode > Automatically activate
- Home Screen
- New user interface.
- Added a weather widget with a smarter animation effect.
- Added Story feature, which can automatically create weekly stories by using your local photos and videos.
- Loading speed has been optimized to improve the image preview experience.
As with all OnePlus updates, this new version of Oxygen OS 11 will be arriving gradually to all owners of the device, so if you have not yet received it yet, don’t worry.
Whenever there is a major update, we recommend you to make a backup beforehand to avoid losing data or files during the process.