If you want to use a smartphone as a webcam we are going to show you how to do it in this guide. Nowadays a webcam has become a more important gadget because we are doing a lot of meetings online due to the pandemic. There are a lot of third-party apps giving you this opportunity but DroidCam is surely a nice choice.
How to use a smartphone as a webcam?
The process is really simple, you just need to follow some steps carefully and here they are!
To do it via Wi-Fi follow these instructions:
- Search and download DroidCam from an app store (Android, iOS or AppGalley, Aptoide, etc.).
- Now, you have to install the DroidCam PC client on the PC. You can download it from this link.
- Launch the client app on your computer and the app on your smartphone.
- On your smartphone, grant the necessary permissions.
- Check that the IP and port fields match and press “Start”.
This way, your smartphone will send a signal to your computer wirelessly through a single web port. Of course, the stability and quality of the image transmission will depend entirely on your connection and, for that very reason, there is also a way to do it via USB and this is how you can do it:
- In the DroidCam client select the USB connection option.
- To enable the developer options you have to go to the “About this phone” menu in “Settings”.
- Now, press 7 times on the “Compilation” tab.
- After that, the developer options menu will be activated.
- Once you have debugged the USB connection of your device, connect it to your computer using the file transfer profile.
- Inside the DroidCam client select the correct device and select “Start”.
Now, you can use your smartphone as a webcam, and just because you’ve connected it with a cable the performance will be much more stable than the wireless connection.