If you don’t know how to disable Airpods’ auto-switching feature on iPhone or iPad, we are going to help you out. Let’s say if you are listening to music on the iPhone and for whatever reason you want to go listen to something on the iPad, the feature will detect that you want to make that switch and do it automatically. But sometimes, it can be annoying, so we’re going to tell you how to disable this feature.
How to disable the Airpods’ auto-switching feature on iPhone or iPad?
This process is really simple, you should have no problems if you follow these steps carefully:
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on the Bluetooth section.
- Find your AirPods in the list of connected devices and tap the small (i) button on the right.
- Tap the “Connect to this iPhone” setting.
- Change the setting from “Automatically” to “When last connected to this iPhone”.
- Repeat these steps on the iPad or devices you want.
For example, if you were using your AirPods before you went to bed with your phone, in the morning when you put the AirPods in your ears they will automatically try to connect to the iPhone again. The same operation that we have always had.
On the other hand, if we have them on automatic, they will connect themselves to the device that is nearby. You should choose your options, but some people don’t want to connect automatically. So the steps we mentioned above should help you out.