If someone bothers us or sending spam messages, blocking him/her might be the only way. This way you can never contact that user again through the application unless you unblock him/her.
How to block a contact on Signal?
The process is really simple. To block someone on Signal there are two paths we can take. You just need to follow some steps.
Block a user from their profile
- Find the user you want to block, either through the search or through an active conversation.
- Click on their avatar to display their profile.
- Click on the ‘Block‘ option.
- Click again on ‘Block’.
- That’s it, the contact will be blocked and will not be able to contact you, and you will not be able to contact him/her.
Note: the user will not know that he/she is blocked until he/she tries to talk to you.
Adding a user to the block list
- Go to the three vertical buttons at the top right of Signal and go to ‘Settings’.
- Access the ‘Privacy‘ section.
- In Privacy, go down until you find ‘Blocked’ and enter.
- You will see a list of blocked users (if any) and an option called ‘Blocked contacts’. Click on it.
- Signal will then open the list of contacts.
- Select the contact we want to block.
- Click on ‘Block’.